Thread: Insurance !!

Default Insurance !!

Years ago AMA Insurance covered all RC Models - Planes, Choppers, Boats, Cars - Not sure now

IMPBA and NAMBA only cover Boats at Club Ponds

Do you Worry about Insurance and have some other then a Home Owners Policy

Russ
    HE WHO DIES WITH THE MOST TOYS WINS

Russ

I actually only run on insured sites. Used to do it all the time. Until I was running on a river and only last second realized there was a couple in a canoe floating by right where we were running. Freaked me out. Never went back to that site. Couldn't police it.

The insurance only covers ponds insured by the organization. Clubs don't always take that extra step to get a pond insured. It's just not something everyone thinks of. Just be aware and quiz the club you run with. Once upon a time NAMBA picked up where ever you ran but I believe that was actually a misinterpretation all along. We just got lucky.

To keep yourself, others, and yer wallet safe though, consider the safety rules from either org. when you aren't at an insured site. The one we see ignored most often is running around people, boats, etc. See this all the time on Youtube. People swimming at a beach or something and RC boats flying around. Madness. We're running little missiles. I also cringe when I see videos of guys standing in the water driving past themselves at 60 mph. The right drip of water in an RX and yer smoked.

I don't know squat about AMA.
    Noisy person

for over 40 years I ran were I can with no accidents ,,, I never run were people swim or boat (real boats) ,,, my problem is the closest Club is 4 and 5 hour drive ,, I Love the Northwoods of WI, Hunting, Fishing, Camping, Scuba Diving, but not many RC People here ,, I do have 2300 lakes with in 30 miles of me I can always find a empty lake but its the insurance I do not have running different lakes

Camping (travel trailer) with my wife I bring a boat or 2 with us to run

My AMA covers me with my Planes, Choppers, and Drone flying them any place with in some rules like how far from a Real Airport

Russ
    Last edited by Northwoods; 01-25-2019 at 03:07 PM.

Russ

Quote Originally Posted by T.S.Davis View Post

The insurance only covers ponds insured by the organization. Clubs don't always take that extra step to get a pond insured. It's just not something everyone thinks of. Just be aware and quiz the club you run with. Once upon a time NAMBA picked up where ever you ran but I believe that was actually a misinterpretation all along. We just got lucky.
    NAMBA is not a blanket coverage It is a event and pond coverage and as long as all NAMBA rules are covered. Then you are covered
    Randy
    For ABS, Fiberglass, Carbon hulls and Stainless hardware
    BBY Racing

Same here Russ. Great Lakes State. I can find ponds but in the metro Detroit area it's tough to get permission to be on them. Insurance gets us on our club pond. I'm fortunate that it's only 20 minutes away for me.
    Noisy person

I Just got a email back from AMA Insurance Director ,, things do not change with my AMA;149681 I am Covered in all RC Models in all places but I know if I was to race a boat I need membership with what ever Boat Org covering the event
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Russ,

Yes, AMA’s liability coverage still extends to model car and boat operations, as well as model aircraft activities.

Best regards,

Ilona Maine
    Last edited by Northwoods; 01-25-2019 at 02:39 PM.

Russ

To the best of my knowledge AMlA insurance is a secondary policy and any liability incurred will be against you homeowners if you have one first being primary. I believe NAMBA is the same and IMPBA is the primary and doesn't go to your homeowners liability.
    Mic

Mic Halbrehder
    IMPBA 8656
    NAMBA 1414

Cool

NAMBA is primary insurance, no homeowners policy first. IMPBA says they are considered primary insurance. With either organization you are only covered at insured sites. AMA is primary site owners insurance. AMA covers any model activity site.

All of the above information this is readily available via a couple ten-second google searchs. No need to wait for responses from the insurer or the forum. If you’re in a hurry that is.

ERROR 403 - This is not the page you are looking for