Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Outboard Motors

great idea i should have thought of that one i bet that solves the problem but i up graded to high for that housing has i said went ti 1750 kv 22v wasnt getting the speed i wanted with flex shaft one now im hitting 65+ with it now with trim its a blast with no worries now and hope thats working for you too as i said great idea they should have done that lol

Didn't solve but was better.

it didnt well still a good idea what boat are you running

Quote Originally Posted by MARK FORREST View Post
    it didnt well still a good idea what boat are you running
    I am running the Dragon Hobby F1 boats because they are the most real looking of all the F1 boats I have seen on the internet at all the various hobby dealers. If you are familiar with F1, Champ, or F1 H2O boat racing you will see what I mean. If you know of a R/C model boat that is as real looking as the full scale DAC, BABA, Lee Craft, Seebold F1 boats, let me know.
    I bought my Dragon Hobby boats from Monkey Hobby in China. I wish I could have bought them from my local hobby shop, but he could not get them.

Jeff

IMG_3238.JPGIMG_3280.JPGIMG_3532.JPGThe Start.jpgDSC01409.jpg

its as real as you can get i almost bought that but with the up grades i wanted to do that boat wouldnt work thats y i bought the vs1 not as real as thevdraygon but my also runs the way i wanted it to good luck with those dam flex shafts lol

FYI,
    Long ago I raced nitro outboards turning up close to 30,000rpm. I too was snapping shaft. But then I added a nipple on the side of the outboard and used a Stainless Steel guide tube . Never use the Teflon liner. After I went to putting a shot of grease before ever run using the same kB shafts I never snapped one again. But you need to do it before each run. We use STP oil with some grease mix to shoot in.

Default Real Tunnel Hulls

Quote Originally Posted by Bushmen77 View Post
    FYI,
    Long ago I raced nitro outboards turning up close to 30,000rpm. I too was snapping shaft. But then I added a nipple on the side of the outboard and used a Stainless Steel guide tube . Never use the Teflon liner. After I went to putting a shot of grease before ever run using the same kB shafts I never snapped one again. But you need to do it before each run. We use STP oil with some grease mix to shoot in.
    Hey Bushmen 77,
    By the way I think Scott Gilman, a current real F1H2O U.I.M. Circuit driver used to have the number 77 on his Tunnel Hull when he raced in the US IOGP circuit.
    I met him once in St; Louis.
    I appreciate all the tips I can get. Didn't get out as much as I wanted this year but added the bent pin from the exhaust port down behind the prop to help prevent prop lose when the shaft does break. Right now I use a brass liner and Super Lube silicon grease.
    Thanks, Jeff
    DSC01409.jpgChampBoat.jpg

Nice...... I have a 45SST Hoffman real deal as well as the hobby F1's
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default Screamin Eagle

Quote Originally Posted by MadProps View Post
    Nice...... I have a 45SST Hoffman real deal as well as the hobby F1's
    Cool! So I imagine you know Jason Nelson. I have helped out in the pits with Wyatt. Also built several Wyatt Nelson F1 models, R/C and static.
    DSC01409.jpgDSC01410.jpg

Hay Jeff ,
    Cool info ,I use to race those duck boat . Also know as performance inflatable . I races in APBA . 77 was my numbers too. These boats were nuts. You have a driver and co pilot. We used a 60 hp mercury outboard with tiller. No tilt allowed, the copilot does the tilt. With the wind the copilot would slide to the rear next to me to fly the nose. Into the wind he had to go all the way up front they were easy to flip . It was a hoot.
    Back to lubing the shaft tip. This is a must to save the shaft. I don’t think the tube being brass matters.
    I got a sprint cat 36 inches that I was thinking of putting a outboard on. I have done well with my outboard rigger 3 world records but that was nitro . I would probably look at using the scorpion 5030 on the outboard. Not sure yet .

Hay Jeff ,
    Cool info ,I use to race those duck boat . Also know as performance inflatable . I races in APBA . 77 was my numbers too. These boats were nuts. You have a driver and co pilot. We used a 60 hp mercury outboard with tiller. No tilt allowed, the copilot does the tilt. With the wind the copilot would slide to the rear next to me to fly the nose. Into the wind he had to go all the way up front they were easy to flip . It was a hoot.
    Back to lubing the shaft tip. This is a must to save the shaft. I don?t think the tube being brass matters.
    I got a sprint cat 36 inches that I was thinking of putting a outboard on. I have done well with my outboard rigger 3 world records but that was nitro . I would probably look at using the scorpion 5030 on the outboard. Not sure yet .
    Hey Bushmen77,
    My neighbors Mark and Mary ran one of those inflatable too. I live on the Niagara River, grew up with a father that worked on E-Racing Runabouts back in the 50's.
    I owned and raced B-Stock Runabouts and a B Hydro in the early 70's. 137-N was my APBA number after buying a boat owned by a friend who's number was, Yep, 77-N. Small world. - Jeff
    1974 77-N Silver Lake.jpg1974 BSR Jeff2.jpg

Wow that’s cool . Then you know about the top of the B yearly race in Michigan.indian River, Bert lake mullet lake they have a 2 day race marathon every year for those knee down hydro. This race been going on like 60 + years now. They let us race it with our inflatable tunnels. You must navigate threw lakes, rivers, and streams. Some places we ran threw were only like 30 ft wide. They got stumps fields plus you are racing pass all the docks and all the homes along the rivers. After 2 days they add up points for the winner. The waves on the lake were easy 3 ft. I remember my butt flying up pass the tiller and slam back down. I had a heavy boat and I could take a pounding too. This race you have father ,son, grandparents some have had there family racing for years. There were a lot of snowmobiled guys in out group. They know how to cheat like crazy. The had way more speed than a stock guy like me. I had hope stupidly was on my side. I figures if I could just run clean that those hot shots would have motor issues. The first day I caught up with one of those guys sitting in the reeds waiting cause he was so far ahead he tried to make it look good. Well he took first and I took second. The next day he blew up. So I had one other hot shot to deal with. At the start of day two going across the lake i saw him slowing down and passed him. He forgot to put oil in the lower. I ran as good as I could. This thing had 90 degrees turns using dock poles to carve around. Plus you had to navigate threw all this stuff and hit the check points. I made it in second again with my heavy stock rig. After they totaled up the scores I took first place. Man the cheaters were so piss they would not talk to me. But the coolest thing was this was the 50 year of the race. For that they were giving out gold rings for first place. . You could never have a race like this nowadays cause no one would insure it cause your racing where the docks are . That was the end of my rookie year. I also had a 10 ft hydro with a mercury 10 hurricane on it. Crazy ride in that little thing. What a race and so lucky to get a ring.

Where are u located ? I probably know your neighbor as I was on the board to help setup races and run it.

I live in Michigan and go to the hydro races every year. My best ride was racing in the gold cup race in Detroit. After being in the stands all those years now I am in it how cool. On my first pass the bleachers where I use to sit I pop a wheelie and rode it all the way pass them. I got in trouble for that. It was funny cause it got ruff out and they asked us to go out and show off to the crowd. What a great day.

Default Let's chat offline

Wow that?s cool . Then you know about the top of the B yearly race in Michigan.indian River, Bert lake mullet lake they have a 2 day race marathon every year for those knee down hydro. This race been going on like 60 + years now. They let us race it with our inflatable tunnels. You must navigate threw lakes, rivers, and streams. Some places we ran threw were only like 30 ft wide. They got stumps fields plus you are racing pass all the docks and all the homes along the rivers. After 2 days they add up points for the winner. The waves on the lake were easy 3 ft. I remember my butt flying up pass the tiller and slam back down. I had a heavy boat and I could take a pounding too. This race you have father ,son, grandparents some have had there family racing for years. There were a lot of snowmobiled guys in out group. They know how to cheat like crazy. The had way more speed than a stock guy like me. I had hope stupidly was on my side. I figures if I could just run clean that those hot shots would have motor issues. The first day I caught up with one of those guys sitting in the reeds waiting cause he was so far ahead he tried to make it look good. Well he took first and I took second. The next day he blew up. So I had one other hot shot to deal with. At the start of day two going across the lake i saw him slowing down and passed him. He forgot to put oil in the lower. I ran as good as I could. This thing had 90 degrees turns using dock poles to carve around. Plus you had to navigate threw all this stuff and hit the check points. I made it in second again with my heavy stock rig. After they totaled up the scores I took first place. Man the cheaters were so piss they would not talk to me. But the coolest thing was this was the 50 year of the race. For that they were giving out gold rings for first place. . You could never have a race like this nowadays cause no one would insure it cause your racing where the docks are . That was the end of my rookie year. I also had a 10 ft hydro with a mercury 10 hurricane on it. Crazy ride in that little thing. What a race and so lucky to get a ring.

Where are u located ? I probably know your neighbor as I was on the board to help setup races and run it.

I live in Michigan and go to the hydro races every year. My best ride was racing in the gold cup race in Detroit. After being in the stands all those years now I am in it how cool. On my first pass the bleachers where I use to sit I pop a wheelie and rode it all the way pass them. I got in trouble for that. It was funny cause it got ruff out and they asked us to go out and show off to the crowd. What a great day.
    Hey Bushmen77,
    Let me send you a private message on this. No sense taking up OSE's space.
    Jeff

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12