Thread: Which project to start..

Default Which project to start..

Where to begin...? yes at the tap I know lol. Leaning toward the ice marine hull rigged scale with twin outboards.. Then the La grand Argentina scale project. Look for build threads soon :)

I had a bladerunner years ago. I no longer have it and many times wish I still had it.

I think a motor like the aquacraft 3656 1800kv would be a nice motor to try in that boat. You probably might want to try the stock kyosho prop and 3 or 4s. The aquacraft can handle a 45mm with 4s.

But the ice marine is narrow and I can see it torque rolling. Which is why I think the stock kyosho prop and 3s maybe a good starting point.

There was one on ebay in the box yesterday still available. I remember the torque roll these had. Some guys built ride pads on the sponsons with some success. I'm counting on the counter rotation of the outboards to cancel out most of it. if there is any residual instability I'll fab a set of dole fins on the lower units. it will make tuning a bit more of a bitch but when your attempting something scale tuning it for maximum speed really is a non issue. I just want it to run good enough to look like the full scale boat on the water. My biggest challenge is going to be fabricating a gill bracket with adjustable jack plates. Also finding someone to cnc it for me. I have nothing but time though. :)

Is the HO scale train strong enough to pull drinks around the bar?

looks like n scale to me (have a couple $$ worth of n scale) that's what it looks like. N scale will pull a beverage around (tested it lol)

Nice, get off the subject.

Go with the Ice Marine and post progress with pictures.

I would go with the Fighter just because I love the ABC Boats. Interested in the train since I'm working on my man cave in my basement.

Tom,
    Did you ever get to run the Navy hydro with your Son?
    "A quick temper will make a fool of you soon enough."
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Bruce Lee. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .