Thread: Sea King 120 amp esc capacitor's ?

Default Sea King 120 amp esc capacitor's ?

Hi all im using a Seaking 120 amp esc the old flat version from 6 yrs ago . The unit stopped working and upon carefull inspection i noticed the 2 end capacitors one looked deformed the other looked like it dumped a gooey substance that looked like half dried epoxy . I unsoldered the 2 capacitors having been labelled 35 v 390 micfofarad and off i went to the local electronics supplier the nearest capacitors they had where 63v 470 microfarad the guy said this should work ! I work in the process piping industry and not having a lot of electronics experience. Would it be correct to solder these capacitors to replace the other ones with out the danger of destroying lipo's or motor or the esc ? Regards Andris Golts.

Quote Originally Posted by Andris Golts View Post
    Hi all im using a Seaking 120 amp esc the old flat version from 6 yrs ago . The unit stopped working and upon carefull inspection i noticed the 2 end capacitors one looked deformed the other looked like it dumped a gooey substance that looked like half dried epoxy . I unsoldered the 2 capacitors having been labelled 35 v 390 micfofarad and off i went to the local electronics supplier the nearest capacitors they had where 63v 470 microfarad the guy said this should work ! I work in the process piping industry and not having a lot of electronics experience. Would it be correct to solder these capacitors to replace the other ones with out the danger of destroying lipo's or motor or the esc ? Regards Andris Golts.
    If your going to that extent replace all of them with the same voltage , a little bigger mf won't hurt , but I don't think this will help your ESC but it is a cheap way to find out...
    Last edited by Speedfreek; 03-04-2019 at 04:08 PM.

Yes, cheap to test. If it still works, replace with the best caps you can find. Low ESR. Steve sells some or you could buy some Rubycon ZLH caps almost anywhere BUT Sayal. They only carry very average stuff.
    Nortavlag Bulc