Thread: How to program steering vs throttle ratio

Default How to program steering vs throttle ratio

So i got another Futaba transmitter for Christmas. I've had programmable for years and so is this one. The new transmitter has given me the incentive to try something I've always wanted to do for my boat. How do a program it so the max steering is reduced as throttle is applied? I dont want the steering rate to slow. I want the max rudder angle to be decreased as throttle is increased.

Is it in the mixing menu? If so, which channel is master and which is slave? Also do I select VTR, EXP or Curve? I've been exploring in the menu and cant make sense of things. I see no option for adjusting servo travel.

Thanks and Happy New Year!

What radio is it?

Larry
    Past NAMBA- P Mono -1 Mile Race Record holder
    Past NAMBA- P Sport -1 Mile Race Record holder
    Bump & Grind Racing Props -We Like Em Smooth & Wet

Quote Originally Posted by TRUCKPULL View Post
    What radio is it?

Larry
    Futaba 7PX. Basically like my 4Pxs but with touch screen. Love the touchscreen but the quality feel of the 4PX is hard to beat

7PX Manual - shows lots of different mixing settings.
    I donot know if that one is available.
    You may have to contact support.

http://manuals.hobbico.com/fut/7px-manual.pdf

Larry
    Past NAMBA- P Mono -1 Mile Race Record holder
    Past NAMBA- P Sport -1 Mile Race Record holder
    Bump & Grind Racing Props -We Like Em Smooth & Wet

If it can’t be done thru the transmitter there are options:
    https://www.mtroniks.net/prod/RC-Acc...tm#description

There are others out there as well.

With all the usless features they have, how can they not provide this? It has to be in there. Thanks for showing me the hardware option tho.

Quote Originally Posted by enzo thecat View Post
    With all the usless features they have, how can they not provide this? It has to be in there. Thanks for showing me the hardware option tho.
    Yeah I had a mixer made for me for the right/left motor option but never really got it tested. I like your idea tho for sport boating. Just get the throttle backed off a bit to negotiate the turn.
    Oops I have that backwards, my bad!!

I’ll take a look at my Spektrum manual too and see if there is an option on it. You’d think with the rock crawling it would be in there somewhere.
    Shawn
    Last edited by srislash; 12-26-2018 at 05:39 PM.

Just looked up your manual and on page #125 there is a ‘TILT mixing’ which is for outboard or ‘flaps’. In there it looks to me like it can be done but it will take deciphering.

On my 4PX I mixed it so my front wing servo comes up on the straightaways and flattens in the corners, might be able to do the same for the rudder. But my wing is on the third channel. I’ll have to play around and see what I can come up with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Namba District 16
    1/8 Miss U.S., 1/8 59 Maverick, 1/8 Executone, 1/8 Smokin Joe, 1/8 Bud, MLGSX380, AC Pro40II Q Sport, AC Pro40II nitro,Twincraft mono 10s, Vision AOPC, VS1 FE, M34.

Quote Originally Posted by pescador View Post
    On my 4PX I mixed it so my front wing servo comes up on the straightaways and flattens in the corners, might be able to do the same for the rudder. But my wing is on the third channel. I’ll have to play around and see what I can come up with.

If you are so inclined to spend the time , I'd be grateful. I am just stunned its not a prominent feature on surface radios. That should be a default for boats and cars. I always assumed the feature was buried in the menus and I wasnt knowledgable enough to find it. I figured all you guys were running your boats in such a way.

I think the answer is in “program mixing” on pages 95-96. It looks like you can pick either steering or throttle as master and some settings for “amount of deflection”. Kind of confusing for sure and I’ve never used it. Might have to ask on a car forum for an explanation.

Namba District 16
    1/8 Miss U.S., 1/8 59 Maverick, 1/8 Executone, 1/8 Smokin Joe, 1/8 Bud, MLGSX380, AC Pro40II Q Sport, AC Pro40II nitro,Twincraft mono 10s, Vision AOPC, VS1 FE, M34.

Quote Originally Posted by pescador View Post
    I think the answer is in “program mixing” on pages 95-96. It looks like you can pick either steering or throttle as master and some settings for “amount of deflection”. Kind of confusing for sure and I’ve never used it. Might have to ask on a car forum for an explanation.

Thanks. I'll try it tomorrow. Happy New year!