Hi Everyone,

Just recently signed up here on OSE and looking to get started in boat racing at a leisure level.
Back in the early 1990's, My first boat was an airboat that I had built with an .049 engine (not the Dumas Lil Swamp Buggy, but kinda like it). Had a rudder on back. I also owned a Dumas Hotshot 45 ( K&B .67 Outboard) and a Traxxas Villian IV with the Octura prop upgrades on it.

In the past couple of years, my wife and I moved out in a subdivision that has a lake and it has caught my interest to give electric outrigger racing a shot. I had a friend who recent got a twin outrigger and wanted to look at getting into some local pond racing just for the fun of it without spending too much to get started. I cruised around the web to find what might suit me best and found plans for the Predator outrigger hull, which I have the materials from building planes, to complete a couple of these hulls.

Not sure where to start, but I am thinking the hull will end up being around 24-26 inches in length.

For a hull that size, where would you guys recommend starting with on a hull this size? I have 3 and 4S lipos to use. Not sure of the motor/esc combination needed. Was thinking of runnign a .130 flex cable with a 3/6 prop shaft and right-side mounted rudder system. I see where some outrigger guys are running the speedmaster setups. Not sure that would make sense for this kind of boat. Also the prop type and size/pitch.

I am completely open to suggestions here.

As for my hobby background, I have been building planes since I was 10. Have competed in fun-fly and sport pylon racing contests within our local club and the inter-houston area clubs years back so I have extensive building knowledge. I also have completed in RC Helicopter contests both internationally and in the states for about 8 years from 2004 to 2012. Now looking to learn and potentially expand in the boating arena.

Thanks all and look forward to good conversation on the outrigger racing subject.

-Chris