Thread: Jb weld for motor mounts, you ever doubt it?

Default Jb weld for motor mounts, you ever doubt it?

I’ve been using jb weld for my motor mounting for quite a while. I see the question about it come up from time to time and I don’t think there’s anything else better, especially for the price and availability. I just watched this video and this just reinforces my reasoning. Check it out, I promise you’ll enjoy it.

https://youtu.be/H4xX7VecgzA
    32" carbon rivercat single 4s 102mph, 27” mini Rivercat 92mph, kbb34 91mph, jessej micro cat(too fast) was

Very cool vid....I have put my trust in JB weld for many years......now i know why.... Happy Holidays..!!

Quote Originally Posted by 30nitro View Post
    Very cool vid....I have put my trust in JB weld for many years......now i know why.... Happy Holidays..!!
    Same to you!

I can’t believe how strong that stuff is. Well actually I can, and if he would have scuffed the head and block surfaces, the engine would have run longer.
    32" carbon rivercat single 4s 102mph, 27” mini Rivercat 92mph, kbb34 91mph, jessej micro cat(too fast) was

Didn’t do the best on the wood. That was a surprise.

Quote Originally Posted by Moonie View Post
    Didn’t do the best on the wood. That was a surprise.
    Best to squeegee on a thin layer first with good pressure to fill pores deeply then apply a film for adhesion. Never had a problem with JB but finally ordered GFlex to try on the next build.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike W View Post
    Best to squeegee on a thin layer first with good pressure to fill pores deeply then apply a film for adhesion. Never had a problem with JB but finally ordered GFlex to try on the next build.
    Bet your right sounds like a good idea. You ever use structural adhesive like 3M brand?

Quote Originally Posted by Moonie View Post
    Bet your right sounds like a good idea. You ever use structural adhesive like 3M brand?
    Have heard of 3M structural...but never used it..... Have you used it...?? Has it worked...??

I've seen 3M panel bond used with excellent results. It's expensive though. I've been happy with JB Weld myself. Been using it a lot lately.

2018-12-26 23.33.22.jpg
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

Quote Originally Posted by kfxguy View Post
    I’ve been using jb weld for my motor mounting for quite a while. I see the question about it come up from time to time and I don’t think there’s anything else better, especially for the price and availability. I just watched this video and this just reinforces my reasoning. Check it out, I promise you’ll enjoy it.

https://youtu.be/H4xX7VecgzA
    I could make a video of me tearing out mounts that were JB’d in but the fiberglass would destroy and fracture so I will not
    "Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction."
    --Albert Einstein