Thread: Need help with genesis build

Default Need help with genesis build

Hey guys i have a genesis boat that i got from a friend. He kept the motor, esc, and batteries out of it. Have gas and nitro boats and trucks, but this is my first attempt at anything electric. Trying to decide on a motor, esc, and batteries for it. Would like to see 60-70mph. It has an octura 442 prop on it right now but im willing to buy a new prop to go with the new setup. Just looking for some advice and direction on what woukd be the best route for me. Any help is appreciated

You can start with:

1500 - 2000KV motor (Leopard, TP, SSS, etc.)
    180A Seaking ESC
    42mm - 47mm prop depending on set up
    (2) Revlectric 11.1V 3S 70C 5000mah

You can get that speed out of many set ups listed above.

I'll look into that. Thanks eddie. The flex shaft is upgraded to i think 3/16. Other than that and the prop it is the way it comes when you buy it rtr minus the motor and esc. Any other upgrades or modifications youd recommend?

A leopard 40 x 82 motor 1600 KV with 6-s batteries will give you about as much as you can use. A 442 prop will probably not get you quite the speed you are looking for but that set-up will handle a little more. ANY prop you buy will need to be sharpened and balanced. If you buy Octura most of the time it comes with instructions. Get yourself a balancer and practice. It's not that hard. You will probably not get the perfect size and pitch on your first try so you may be sharpening and balancing a few, more economical to do it yourself if you don't already know. After you make about a one minute run bring the boat in and check tempetur.A heat gun is an absolute necessity. It can save you money.The speeds you are looking for are pretty optimistic but are obtainable with that hull. Good luck and let us know how it goes.

I run my Genesis with a TP4060 1750kV motor and a 280A MGM ESC for SAW passes only. It's heavily reinforced and a bit heavier than most hulls. On 6S it does 90mph and on 8S, it runs 103mph. With a more conservative motor and prop, your speed goal is perfectly reasonable. I agree with Panchothedog's recommendation on a 1600kV 4082. You'll want an ESC rated for 180-200A. The new ZTW or a swordfish are solid options. That hull also runs a little better with the offset rudder bracket installed.
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

Yes i am familiar with balancing and sharpening props. I already have a balancer for my gas and nitro boats. Will let yall know what setup i go with and how it does. I was planning on offsetting the rudder also as i have seem that most people who run above 60 all offset the rudder. Thanks again guys. I'll hopefully order everything in the next week or so

You guys run in series or parallel

I run two 3S in series for 6S and two 4S in series for 8S. Running 6S packs in parallel would be a weight penalty and be tough to keep the center of gravity adjustment in check.
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

what off-set rudder did you choose in the end? thanks

OSE has a part that converts your rudder to off-set for not much money!
    https://www.offshoreelectrics.com/pr...d=ose-83115-v2