Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Black Pearl LSH Spec Hydro 2019

That nose piece turned out to be about 11/16" on my boat which of course doesn't exist in the store. It will be 3/4" on most peoples boats though.
    glue sniffer

I think the air bleeds need to be level with the bottom of the fuselage . The way it looks now its a tub, making it a rigger...just say'n.

Cheers, Jay.

I checked the model, it was designed for a 3/4" halfround stock at the nose. I allowed a little bit of xtra for sanding and blending into the upper and lower sheeting.

Jay - she meets all the rules including transom width ratio. Designed in the spirit of a sport hydro with some innovations!

Pete, please let me know when a kit will be available. I’m looking forward ro building a pearl with these mods.

Quote Originally Posted by Shooter View Post
    Glued the inside pad.
    So what's the theory behind the 2 tiered pads? I don't have a lot of exposure to RC hydros just yet but I haven't seen that used yet. Just curious...if it's a trade secret I'll understand :)

Hi Pete, I know all your measurements will be correct. kinda like my FE30,looks like a sport hydro from the top , a little different from the bottom.

I built the P version with a friend who lost his wife last year and it has been great therapy for him. Its not perfect ( not with my wood building skills) but with a little filler and paint it will look great at 5' if you squint! We've had a lot of laughs building it.

You can put me down for a limited version once you get all the bugs worked out. Next winters build!

Cheers, Jay,

Quote Originally Posted by jaike5 View Post
    Its not perfect ( not with my wood building skills) but with a little filler and paint it will look great at 5' if you squint! We've had a lot of laughs building it.
    We call that a 50mph finish.
    glue sniffer

Quote Originally Posted by InspGadgt View Post
    So what's the theory behind the 2 tiered pads? I don't have a lot of exposure to RC hydros just yet but I haven't seen that used yet. Just curious...if it's a trade secret I'll understand :)
    No secrets! Just trying to apply a little dynamics. A hydro requires pressure underneath to support the weight. The pressure is built by trapping air. If you trap too much air and the pressure is too high, the boat blows over. That's why there are speed limits to hulls. Back when we were running NiCad's, we never reached the speed limits so we wanted to trap as much air as possible. Nowadays, the technology is much better and boats are considerably faster, so we need to trap less air to build the same pressure to hold the boat up. The idea behind the sponson vents is to allow the air to escape or 'bleed out'.

Quote Originally Posted by jaike5 View Post
    Hi Pete, I know all your measurements will be correct. kinda like my FE30,looks like a sport hydro from the top , a little different from the bottom.

I built the P version with a friend who lost his wife last year and it has been great therapy for him. Its not perfect ( not with my wood building skills) but with a little filler and paint it will look great at 5' if you squint! We've had a lot of laughs building it.

You can put me down for a limited version once you get all the bugs worked out. Next winters build!

Cheers, Jay,
    Hopefully I'll get to see it in person in June!! Any pics??

Quote Originally Posted by T.S.Davis View Post
    We call that a 50mph finish.
    That 50mph finish We call one of the faster boats on the Lake !!

Quote Originally Posted by Shooter View Post
    Hopefully I'll get to see it in person in June!! Any pics??
    Hope to make it in June Pete, sorry no pics. We just drilled for hard ware. going to put the skins on the deck. sand/fill sand and paint before the thaw. Its going to be green and yellow, Jon has a big collection of John Deere stuff !!
    Cheers, Jay.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123