Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: The Black Pearl LSH Spec Hydro 2019

Sounds like you have some good batteries, but wouldn't a lower 4200mah (same brand as your 5000) discharge faster and give more rpm at prop. Would 4200 be enough for heat race? What are some good lipo tricks to go faster?

Pete, a pair of 4s5k's for 10,000mah on board?
    Noisy person

Quote Originally Posted by detox View Post
    Sounds like you have some good batteries, but wouldn't a lower 4200mah (same brand as your 5000) discharge faster and give more rpm at prop. Would 4200 be enough for heat race? What are some good lipo tricks to go faster?
    Capacity doesn't affect RPM...just run time. A higher C rating should help to a point.

I have heard of guys over charging their lipos very slightly...some chargers will adjust for it. I have heard preheating lipos makes you faster?

Quote Originally Posted by detox View Post
    I have heard of guys over charging their lipos very slightly...some chargers will adjust for it. I have heard preheating lipos makes you faster?
    This is something the car guys do...LiPo batteries seem to perform better when they are warm. When I was racing 1/12th a lot I would just use 1 battery pack and recharge between heats because it got better each successive run. I believe the theory is a warm (Not hot) pack seems to have less internal resistance. HOWEVER...I do not recommend doing either...Any gain you get is extremely small and lost if you do any warm up laps or wreck. Basically on the car side of RC doing that might help the top 1% of drivers out there...but that's about it.

Man, I just gained a ton of respect for you. I LOVE 1/12 pancar!!! Haven't ran mine in years.

As for batts, it's all about maintaining voltage. More capacity allows you to do that....but.....there's a price you pay.....WEIGHT!!

Quote Originally Posted by Shooter View Post
    Man, I just gained a ton of respect for you. I LOVE 1/12 pancar!!! Haven't ran mine in years.

As for batts, it's all about maintaining voltage. More capacity allows you to do that....but.....there's a price you pay.....WEIGHT!!
    My favorite class to race :) Planning to run two 1/12th classes this October at the IIC.

Yup...more capacity = longer time before the voltage curve turns downward.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567