Thread: Skinny on BULLET Connection ‘ s

Default Skinny on BULLET Connection ‘ s

I know there is a method to the madness when it comes to bullet connectors on the esc . Straight up , is it best to have smaller bullets on the motor side and larger on the battery? Or is the real answer to feed the esc more juice than the esc is rated for as long as the esc isn’t over amped......Second question , I mean 3rd question: is it best to have a free flow from the esc to the motor and from the battery to the esc threw overkill on connections or is is best to choke down the flow from esc to motor and go overkill on batteries to esc. Good luck answering, thank you !
    "Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction."
    --Albert Einstein

In my books bigger is better, run 8mm bullets on everything

Bigger is better, no logic in choking down anything. But, quality matters too. Big 8mm bullets and small wires can be a bad combo, a lot of people will just fill up the cup with solder and create a high resistance connection. Good solder and proper technique go a long way. I use 6.5mm bullets on most of my sport setups and 8mm on my high current saw stuff. I use mostly Castle 6.5mm connectors on my 3S packs, but have switched over to the OSE 8mm anti-spark connectors for my 6S packs
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)