Thread: TP5650 1150kv thoughts

Default TP5650 1150kv thoughts

I bought a TP(everytime I say TP I think toilet paper) 5650 1150kv and I think it’s perfect for a 36” Aeromarine Cat on 8s for fast sport runs.....thought’s ? Sweet thanks !
    "Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction."
    --Albert Einstein

A bit large and heavy for such a small hull, that hull is closer to a 34” boat. And that motor would probably spin a 65 mm prop on 8S, a bit much for that hull too. Will it work? Yes. Are there better choices? Yes. If you already have the motor go ahead and try it.

ERROR 403 - This is not the page you are looking for

Quote Originally Posted by rearwheelin View Post
    I bought a TP(everytime I say TP I think toilet paper) 5650 1150kv and I think it’s perfect for a 36” Aeromarine Cat on 8s for fast sport runs.....thought’s ? Sweet thanks !
    LOL try it,,, because,, I have the same hull on order and I have a 5650 but only 1290 KV I want to use for a play boat so good luck I'll give you a deal on some 420/5000 4s revo cells lol

Quote Originally Posted by Fluid View Post
    A bit large and heavy for such a small hull, that hull is closer to a 34” boat. And that motor would probably spin a 65 mm prop on 8S, a bit much for that hull too. Will it work? Yes. Are there better choices? Yes. If you already have the motor go ahead and try it.

It’s overkill. Originally I tested with the 1800kv version on 6s with 438x ... lots of heat ! It had a skeg strut then making it ride funny . Smoked all the caps on this test

Quote Originally Posted by dasboata View Post
    LOL try it,,, because,, I have the same hull on order and I have a 5650 but only 1290 KV I want to use for a play boat so good luck I'll give you a deal on some 420/5000 4s revo cells lol
    If I make mine work with 1150kv there’s no guarantee your more amp hungry 1290kv will be successful lol... I think we are in the ballpark on the motor size , they are 2” long but fat as a beer can lol.. nope on the good deal , those are use it or loose It type lol

Never go full throttle getting to plain !!
    "Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction."
    --Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by dasboata View Post
    I’m going to count on you to build a prop suited for for this madness lol
    --Albert Einstein

I think if we respect the throttle trigger we will be ok 85935A69-0DDD-451C-B807-A231C5CF0A97.jpeg
    --Albert Einstein