Thread: 25mm and 40mm Jet Drives

Default 25mm and 40mm Jet Drives

I have noticed 25mm and 40mm Jet Drives are now available. Spotted on Ebay. I have converted a couple "Tear Into" boats with their 15mm drive to brushless. Now looking to build something a little larger with a lot more power and quality. However, I don't see appropriate hulls on the market. Most monos 24"-39" are deep vee. What's optimum is a shallow vee, and with a ride pad to be perfect. Also, I don't see these particular drives in RTR boats either. So can't go there. Anyone have hands on experience with or is interested in these drives and/or know of good fiberglass hulls to use in? Something other than Pro Boat's (ABS) River Jet or the $$$ Thrasher jet boat.

Thank You and Merry Christmas
    41" & 29" FE Aeromarine Sprint Cats, Quickdraw powered "Dollar Eater" 41" Insane Cat, 29" BL mod Graupner Cat, 24" Hydro, 29" OB Cat, BL mod NQD Tear Into Jet boat, 55" Scarab, JET SWEEP R/C pool skimmer Rescue Boat.

Something other.
    https://www.miniwerft.de/modelle/coolman-miss-belair/

https://www.hydromarine.de/Ruempfe-M...57n96pfab2hdr2
    Has a nearly 3 inch wide pad.
    MHZ makes bigger jets if you need.

I am very surprised that there is so little interest in Jet Drive boats. No one else thinking of building a 25mm or a huge 40mm Jet Boat?
    41" & 29" FE Aeromarine Sprint Cats, Quickdraw powered "Dollar Eater" 41" Insane Cat, 29" BL mod Graupner Cat, 24" Hydro, 29" OB Cat, BL mod NQD Tear Into Jet boat, 55" Scarab, JET SWEEP R/C pool skimmer Rescue Boat.

I scratch built a flat bottom boat and put a 28mm Graupner jet drive in it years ago. I have yet to finish it to be honest.
    I have also done a few of the Tear Into boats.
    Quote Originally Posted by 78MaicoRider View Post
    I am very surprised that there is so little interest in Jet Drive boats. No one else thinking of building a 25mm or a huge 40mm Jet Boat?