Thread: a single ESC to handle 3, 380 size motors?

Default a single ESC to handle three 380 size motors?

Anyone make such a thing?
    Last edited by Rumpelhardt; 12-09-2018 at 08:48 PM.

Probably not
    "Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction."
    --Albert Einstein

Are 380’s brushed?
    "Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction."
    --Albert Einstein

If there brushed then you could buy a 75amp pull switch and hook a servo to the switch
    --Albert Einstein

If the motors are brushed then a single brushed ESC can run two, three or four brushed motors together assuming the amp rating is not exceeded. You would have to decide if you wanted to run the motors in series or parallel configuration.

I an not aware of an ESC designed to run multiple BL motors but then I haven’t looked either. Some folks have had success running two BL motors from a single regular BL ESC, but many have not. ESC makers do not recommend it. As far as three BL motors is concerned, you would surely fail.

ERROR 403 - This is not the page you are looking for

guess building some sort of gearbox to run 3 props off one bigger motor would make more sense. The bproblem is one of the props is reverse rotation so it gets a little more complicated.

At your own risk. Possibly....

Nortavlag Bulc