Thread: I want to make a 10,400mah 260C 4s pack

Default I want to make a 10,400mah 260C 4s pack

I just picked up 4 2600mah 65C Giant Power lipo’s and want to make a high power 4s brick out of them. It will fit in both my mono’s and hopefully my future 34” carbon mono that should be in in the next couple months... Anyways before I get to soldering all the positive and negative battery leads together I was going to definitely make sure all packs and each individual cell was at the exact same voltage. I’m not sure if I should parallel the balancer plugs or leave those separate, maybe build a balancer harness to use while charging? Leaving them separate I could manually monitor the cell voltages on 3 packs and stop charging once a cell is topped off. Maybe rotate balancer plugs while charging.. I don’t particularly understand how the balancer plugs in the battery is wired and definitely don’t want to parallel them if that’s less safe . I should get 6-7 minutes of runtime with my T29 running a 642x and CC1515 on 4s and that’s running all out , with 10,000+mah. I’d like to here from the OSE inmates on this . Thanks fellas!

D8A29ADE-9E91-41FD-88A7-6A4F3B0898D4.jpg
    "Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction."
    --Albert Einstein

If you are charging them together you should parallel the balance leads so they can be balanced together.

Doing this will not give you a 260C pack, it will still be 65C.
    Paul Upton-Taylor, Greased Weasel Racing.

Quote Originally Posted by NativePaul View Post
    If you are charging them together you should parallel the balance leads so they can be balanced together.

Doing this will not give you a 260C pack, it will still be 65C.
    676 amp rating? It’s been a while since I did the calculations on Lipo’s, thanks Paul
    "Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction."
    --Albert Einstein

So I decided to parallel just two packs just Incase I want to run 8s
    --Albert Einstein