Thread: Electric Outboard

Default Electric Outboard

I have a 1/4 scale tunnel hull. I want to run electric. I am starting to re-think my motor choice. I Have a Neu 1527 1.5y. Is this powerful enough? Running 10S on a lawless lower end. Any thoughts would be helpful.

Hey Tom,
    What hull is it? Length, weight? Cut throat G Drive?
    MODEL BOAT RACER
    IMPBA President
    District 13 Director 2011- present
    IMPBA National Records Director 2009-2019
    IMPBA 19887L CD
    NAMBA 1169

AeroMarine Laminates
    48”,
    Fast gun drive
    Thanks!

Just my opinions here as I haven't built one and have only seen one of these running FE power.

I don't think a 7.5 drive will hold up on a 48" hull. The 1527 might be up to the task.
    If I was going to build one I would look hard at the G drive and a 2215 or something comparable.

Shoot this guy a PM and pick his brain. I reached out to him but haven't heard back. He has the only one I have ever laid eyes on. Good dude too! https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com...16-madmikepags

Good luck and I'd like to see what you land on. I have been considering building one race in open tunnel. Should be a hoot to drive!
    MODEL BOAT RACER
    IMPBA President
    District 13 Director 2011- present
    IMPBA National Records Director 2009-2019
    IMPBA 19887L CD
    NAMBA 1169

I will reach out to him. The lawless drive is capable and is lighter than the cast original KB 7.5. Lawless says it is capable to mount motors up to 13.3 size.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I would trust the K&B .45 lower over the Lawless as the Lawless has softer aluminum will bend easier under stress. For a 40 mm motor the 3/16-.187 shaft holds up pretty well. Unlike a IC engine which concentrates the power in one stoke per revolution an FE may have 12 pulses per revolution. I am amazed the power even a .150 shaft will take.That said a 56mm motor and gas lower would look a bit more scale and support the torque and diameter props needed to push a larger and heavier hull.
    Mic

Mic Halbrehder
    IMPBA 8656
    NAMBA 1414