Thread: Do's anyone still use 75 MHZ surface for r/c boats ?

Default Do's anyone still use 75 MHZ surface for r/c boats ?

Hi all looking in one of my cupboards found a Futaba 3PDF TX and 3 recievers radio system put a fresh set off batteries did a range check got a distance of 900 ft .Do's anyone still use 75 MHZ ?

Well...... I think some do.....if they're way out in the boonies with no chance of interference..... But
    ..I think i would stick with 2.4 GHz....to be safe...

I haven't seen any here for at least two years. We still hang up the frequency board just in case.
    MODEL BOAT RACER
    IMPBA President
    District 13 Director 2011- present
    IMPBA National Records Director 2009-2019
    IMPBA 19887L CD
    NAMBA 1169

The old timers at the local pond who run sailboats are the only ones I still see in use around here.
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

There are still the odd few here on 40mhz (the EU equivalent of 75mhz), they say it is a lot more reliable than it was back in the day now everyone else is on 2.4 and there aren't retards ignoring the peg board to test in the pits and kids with toys around the corner.

To be fair when the IPD RXs like Berg and Multiplex came out, FM was pretty sturdy and I had few glitches, now that <5% of people use it I wouldn't expect to have issues, but with 2.4ghz FASST it has been over a decade since I had a glitch and there is no way I would go back to FM.
    Paul Upton-Taylor, Greased Weasel Racing.

I still have it in case I need it. Was thinking of doing the same.
    Nortavlag Bulc

WOW ,, how radios have changed since the 1970s ,,, I have 75mhz but I use to have 48mhz too .. just in the last 2 years have I started convert to 2.4ghz ,,, on both Surface and Air .. a have a spectrum DX5C for surface and just got a 2.4ghz module for my JR-XP9303 it was FM my Air Radio