Thread: Titan 33 slap job built in 2009 complete re-do one year ago , delayed post

Default Titan 33 slap job built in 2009 complete re-do one year ago , delayed post

I think it’s been a couple years since I last logged in so I’d like to hope everyone has been doing fine and STAYING OUT OF TROUBLE for sure ...

This Hull was the original “light layup” version bought here at OSE. When I first built it for my brother in-law way back when I was a newbie. I hated the job I did then but oh well look at who I was building it for .... anyway I gutted it and added 3 layers of glass to the floor and still wouldn’t trust it in a crash as far as hull strength. I basically decided that this build would be my boys first real FE when they were mature enough to run it responsibly and now that time is getting close . It’s RTR with dust and cobwebs on it . Basically for those who don’t know me I generally build my own interns . Aluminum, Lexan, JB weld , quick steel putty is what’s in this one , no CF (hull isn’t worthy) lol... It’s nice to be back and enjoy the pics B4272438-5D12-498F-BB87-43664732A243.jpg951FAFF6-6368-4BC1-9DF8-12A70EEE55DD.jpgEC39DE31-9C9D-475C-AE01-DE27ACBBE5E9.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction."
    --Albert Einstein

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction."
    --Albert Einstein

Only one motor ? Where are the other three ??
    2008 NAMBA P-Mono & P-Offshore Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder; '15 P-Cat, P-Ltd Cat 2-Lap
    2009/2010 NAMBA P-Sport Hydro Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder, '13 SCSTA P-Ltd Cat High Points
    '11 NAMBA [P-Ltd] : Mono, Offshore, OPC, Sport Hydro; '06 LSO, '12,'13,'14 P Ltd Cat /Mono

Quote Originally Posted by properchopper View Post
    Ha !! That boat was crazy, wish I could have built it a little heavier duty lol Now I’m just sticking to the fun running basher thing with an emphasis on performance and strength, strictly mono’s because it seems like I usually enjoy setting them up and running those the most. I have an old RumDog red Rico that’s gutted I need to do something with . Perhaps I need to pick up a heavy duty version Titan 33 with rails to motivate a build for myself , I tried to find Aeromarine on the web to perhaps order one but couldn’t find them... 29”-36” range mono’s seem to have the best fun factor and durability. Glad your still ticking Tony !!
    --Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by properchopper View Post
    I’m still hurt you failed to get the 6s quad drive on video , you lost out of making a vid that would have went viral !
    --Albert Einstein

I may have some stills. I'l look....
    2008 NAMBA P-Mono & P-Offshore Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder; '15 P-Cat, P-Ltd Cat 2-Lap
    2009/2010 NAMBA P-Sport Hydro Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder, '13 SCSTA P-Ltd Cat High Points
    '11 NAMBA [P-Ltd] : Mono, Offshore, OPC, Sport Hydro; '06 LSO, '12,'13,'14 P Ltd Cat /Mono

I remember that day pretty good and how you NAMBA guys froze and looked on while I bashed it around lol
    --Albert Einstein