Thread: NAMBA 2019 Nationals

Default NAMBA 2019 Nationals

Here is the schedule of classes and days.. thx to district 20 for stepping up to host the nationals in 2019
    Here is your 2019 NAMBA Nationals schedule!

SUNDAY July 7th
    P-LIMITED MONO
    B-STOCK OPC
    G-1 MONO
    P-LIMITED SPORT HYDRO
    A-MONO
    JERSEY SKIFF
    P-CAT

MONDAYJULY 8TH
    GX-2 OUTRIGGER
    C-HYDRO
    P-LIMITED CAT
    G-LIMITED MONO
    A-STOCK OPC
    P-SPORT HYDRO
    GX-2 CRACKERBOX

TUESDAY JULY 9TH
    GX-2 CATAMARAN
    C-MONO
    P-LIMITED HYDRO (RIGGER)
    TWIN OUTRIGGER GAS/NITRO
    A-HYDRO
    P-LIMITED OPC
    JOKER LAP MARATHON

WEDNESDAYJULY 10TH DARK DAY

THURSDAY JULY 11TH
    GX-2 MON0
    B-MONO
    Q-MONO
    G-1-SPORT HYDRO
    X-HYDRO
    P-MONO
    GAS MARATHON 100 LAP

FRIDAY JULY 12TH
    B-HYDRO
    G-1 OUTRIGGER
    Q-SPORT HYDRO
    A-MOD OPC
    GX-2 SPORT HYDRO
    X-MONO
    G-1 CATAMARAN

SATURDAY JULY 13TH
    1/8 SCALE UNLTD NITRO
    G1-CRACKER
    1/8 SCALE UNLIMITED FE
    SPORT 40 II
    CLASSIC THUNDERBOAT

What's a "dark day" Ray? Looks like FE goes home day.
    Noisy person

No racing is scheduled for Wednesday. This excerpt was taken from the post on IW

Dark Day-------- Wednesday July 10, 2019-- This means we are taking a day off in the middle of the week to recharge and see the beautiful state of Utah. Olympic Park is only 30 minutes away and many micro breweries nearby. You can tour the Mormon Temple or go fly fishing at the beautiful Provo River. We will have a few activities set up for those that want to participate. A retrieve boat will be available for those that need to be at the lake. No operator and it will be uncontrolled open water.

Pretty cool.
    Noisy person

Put a sticky on it!
    MODEL BOAT RACER
    IMPBA President
    District 13 Director 2011- present
    IMPBA National Records Director 2009-2019
    IMPBA 19887L CD
    NAMBA 1169

If you are hoping to see a class added that you want to race.....
    Gentlemen,
    1, Enter the Race
    2. Email us the class you wish to be offered that is not on the entry form.
    3. When we have 5 paid entries with request for an additional class we will offer it.
    4. We will not offer or add a class until we have 5 racers that have already entered and THEN requested an additional class. Been there done that.... Offered classes and the individuals never showed up.... had a bunch of two and three boat classes that had to be dropped and it was a pain.
    5. We want to make sure we accommodate as much as possible and this seems the best way.

You can always contact Karl Loveless or myself privately if you need further clarification.

Thanks for all of the interest and I hope we can add additional classes.

Robert Holland

Quote Originally Posted by Rookieboater View Post
    4. We will not offer or add a class until we have 5 racers that have already entered and THEN requested an additional class. Been there done that.... Offered classes and the individuals never showed up.... had a bunch of two and three boat classes that had to be dropped and it was a pain.
    This happens no matter the event. PIA
    Noisy person

If you are hoping to see a class added that you want to race.....
    Gentlemen,
    1, Enter the Race
    2. Email us the class you wish to be offered that is not on the entry form.
    3. When we have 5 paid entries with request for an additional class we will offer it.
    5. We want to make sure we accommodate as much as possible and this seems the best way.

You can always contact Karl Loveless or myself privately if you need further clarification.

Thanks for all of the interest and I hope we can add additional classes.

Robert Holland
    Great idea!!

The Nationals Webpage has been completed and open. Please visit www.NAMBA.com and click on the 2019 NAMBA Nationals link.
    The entry is now open at www.racemastersevents.com

Big Thanks to Dave Santistevan and NAMBA for building and hosting the website.

Big Thanks to Karl Loveless for building and working out our bugs on the entry.

Lets get entered

Fast Electric update:
    We will be allowing the following motors to run in all P-Limited classes at the 2019 NAMBA Nationals.

1. Pro Marine—Model PMRC3656 2030 Kv

2. Proboat/Dynamite—Model DYNM3831 A-3650 2000KV
    Last edited by Rookieboater; 01-08-2019 at 05:00 PM.

Entry Information:

You may enter at www.racemastersevents.com and pay for entry via Race Masters using PayPal. Afterwards, a follow up email and/or PayPal invoice
    will be generated to verify quantity of event tickets, T-shirts sizes etc.

The next 5 boaters to enter will receive 10 FREE raffle tickets.

Entry Information:

You may enter at www.racemastersevents.com and pay for entry via Race Masters using PayPal (please pay as a GIFT). Afterwards, a follow up email and/or PayPal invoice will be generated to verify quantity of event tickets, T-shirts sizes etc.

Happy Boating!

So ahhhhh? Where will the nats be next year?
    Noisy person

Quote Originally Posted by T.S.Davis View Post
    So ahhhhh? Where will the nats be next year?

Huntsville Alabama Early October sometime. Not sure if they will of FE at that event or not. Should here more soon.

Are you doing the Michigan Cup in June in 2020? A few of us were talking about making the trek north.

Are you doing the Michigan Cup in June in 2020? A few of us were talking about making the trek north.
    Should be. None of us have talked about NOT having one. Sometimes after those gigs a few of us are like......do we do this next year? ugh. There was no talk like that at all. haha

So if Huntsville offers no FE is there no more FE national heats in NAMBA. I'm confused.
    Noisy person

Should be. None of us have talked about NOT having one. Sometimes after those gigs a few of us are like......do we do this next year? ugh. There was no talk like that at all. haha

So if Huntsville offers no FE is there no more FE national heats in NAMBA. I'm confused.

Someone could pick up and do a stand alone FE NAMBA Nats event if it is not offered at the Gas and Nitro Nats.

Yeah NAMBA has the same problem that IMPBA does. Finding a club that has the membership, FE presence, and the ambition to do a stand alone is FE nats is tough.

Also requires commitment from guys to actually show up. FE racers are a fickle bunch. No offense to anyone. I count myself in that statement.

I often wonder if it's like that for gas and nitro too. Do guys say they're going to race "x,y,z" and then bail when it comes down to it? Then the numbers are such that there's less harm?

Putting together races is sometimes like trying to catch smoke with yer bare hands. "Wowwww... Look at all this smoke!" Then on race day you find it was just a stink'n match.
    Noisy person

Someone could pick up and do a stand alone FE NAMBA Nats event if it is not offered at the Gas and Nitro Nats.
    Hope that wasn't a hint. haha I mentioned doing another IMPBA nats to Tom and a string of profanity came out of him. It was almost spontaneous. Like he had it in the chamber. Scared the hell out of me in truth.
    Noisy person

Yeah NAMBA has the same problem that IMPBA does. Finding a club that has the membership, FE presence, and the ambition to do a stand alone is FE nats is tough.

Also requires commitment from guys to actually show up. FE racers are a fickle bunch. No offense to anyone. I count myself in that statement.

I often wonder if it's like that for gas and nitro too. Do guys say they're going to race "x,y,z" and then bail when it comes down to it? Then the numbers are such that there's less harm?

Putting together races is sometimes like trying to catch smoke with yer bare hands. "Wowwww... Look at all this smoke!" Then on race day you find it was just a stink'n match.

Our club could do one but the commitment from people to show up...… Well that's a whole different topic. Gas and Nitro guys are not as fickle. They will travel almost anywhere for a race. I thought the FE attendance for most classes was quite a nice surprise at the NAMBA Nats in Utah a few weeks ago. Some classes having fielded 15+ boats. Not bad for a "smaller" event in the middle of Utah.

Some classes having fielded 15+ boats.
    That's not bad. Obviously some people were missing from the mix but 15 is respectable.

I always urge people to go to races just to make the competition more meaningful. Borders on harassment with me. haha Beating me at a race is like.....meh........whatever. Who cares? Beat Buass or Ball though......now you've accomplished something. Not that winning is everything. Most that know me know it isn't the only thing I care about. It's the people for me. We (us/both NAMBA and IMPBA FE guys) need to start attending more events if we want there to be events to attend. The stand alone nats are a prime example. Used to be a given every year. You always knew there was the "nats". There was almost always a Michigan Cup. Guys didn't go to the nats and sure enough......no stand alone nats. Our attendance was down this year too.
    Noisy person

I mentioned doing another IMPBA nats to Tom and a string of profanity came out of him. It was almost spontaneous. Like he had it in the chamber. Scared the hell out of me in truth.
    Why? Putting on a MI cup isn't THAT much different than putting on an IMPBA national event? It's still a boat race. What's so scary about it? Perhaps reaching out to your IMPBA FE Director to start the discussion now would be a good start. Lets talk about what needs to be done to make a successful IMPBA Nats. Can it be done successfully - YES. Will it take organization and efforts of many - YES. Will it require out of the box thinking and compromise - YES.

Quote Originally Posted by longballlumber View Post
    Will it require out of the box thinking and compromise - YES.
    Fair, it totally "could" be done. The last one required some out of the box thinking too. Not too crazy though. We did get guys together which was the point. To me at least.

I think 2018 baked Tom pretty bad. Some antics on site that shouldn't have been tolerated (totally MY fault btw) and then the ensuing whining from people not even in attendance afterwords left a sour taste.

We get lots of labor help. Really good dudes volunteering to do that kind of thing. However, logistics, sponsor pursuit, raffle begg'n, things like that...........not so much. A simple email doesn't get you anywhere. We had a guy volunteer to do that if you remember. He sent out information to 70 some odd companies. That net us one box of screws for the 18 nats.
    Noisy person

Quote Originally Posted by longballlumber View Post
    Will it require out of the box thinking and compromise - YES.
    Nice thing about NAMBA is that no "out of the box thinking and compromise" is necessary.

I had to do it....
    Have fun with that....