Thread: My Dumas Hot Shot .45

Default My Dumas Hot Shot .45

Hello all,

I am a new member and would like to share some photos of my Hot Shot .45. It only took approximately 36 years to complete.
    Back in 1982 my wife bought me the kit for Christmas. Shortly thereafter i started the skeletal frame. Once that was done i turned my attention to other more important things and let it collect dust until last winter. I finally finished it this past spring. My wife's comment was wonders never cease. I originally bought a K&B 7.5 outboard nitro motor for it but never used the motor. I then made the conversion metal work for the lower drive and adapted a inrunner brushless. As it stands i have had a top speed of 47.5 mph. I measured the speed using an iphone 5s with a speedometer app and placed it in a sealed poly bag and located it in the battery compartment. I hope you all like it.

Tim
    Attached Images Attached Images

I like it a lot. Very sanitary, simple and clean. And in my favorite racing color too!

ERROR 403 - This is not the page you are looking for

Quote Originally Posted by Timlast View Post
    Hello all,

I am a new member and would like to share some photos of my Hot Shot .45. It only took approximately 36 years to complete.
    Back in 1982 my wife bought me the kit for Christmas. Shortly thereafter i started the skeletal frame. Once that was done i turned my attention to other more important things and let it collect dust until last winter. I finally finished it this past spring. My wife's comment was wonders never cease. I originally bought a K&B 7.5 outboard nitro motor for it but never used the motor. I then made the conversion metal work for the lower drive and adapted a inrunner brushless. As it stands i have had a top speed of 47.5 mph. I measured the speed using an iphone 5s with a speedometer app and placed it in a sealed poly bag and located it in the battery compartment. I hope you all like it.

Tim
    Very nice let's try not to take so long on the next one? They multiply fast LOL

Thank you, The color makes it easy for my old eyes to see it better.

Nice work!
    MODEL BOAT RACER
    IMPBA President
    District 13 Director 2011- present
    IMPBA National Records Director 2009-2019
    IMPBA 19887L CD
    NAMBA 1169

That is so cool that you finished it..!!! After all these years....it looks SUPER !! Great job...

First off welcome to OSE. TUNNEL BOATS ARE AWSOME ! sorry, to say I like tunnels would be an under statement. Hi viz yellow is one of the fastest colors too. Plenty of speed for high entertainment value, that I like. TUNNELS ROCK! , um sorry, details please, what battery power, ECM ? , motor + can size & kv, most of all what top secret prop are you using? I like using the mini outboard cowls sold here at OSE parts store, in the outboard section, I like the white ones you can paint them to match the boat or your fav real outboard. I hold them on with O rings. I like the scale look it helps give. See examples in my three little tunnels post, just scroll down a bit here in pictures.
    PROBOAT BlackJack 24", ShockWave 26"
    MRP U-31, 3 tunnels VS1, MRP Bud Light, Dumas HS Sprint

Quote Originally Posted by JestDanny View Post
    First off welcome to OSE. TUNNEL BOATS ARE AWSOME ! sorry, to say I like tunnels would be an under statement. Hi viz yellow is one of the fastest colors too. Plenty of speed for high entertainment value, that I like. TUNNELS ROCK! , um sorry, details please, what battery power, ECM ? , motor + can size & kv, most of all what top secret prop are you using? I like using the mini outboard cowls sold here at OSE parts store, in the outboard section, I like the white ones you can paint them to match the boat or your fav real outboard. I hold them on with O rings. I like the scale look it helps give. See examples in my three little tunnels post, just scroll down a bit here in pictures.
    It is a toss up on which one of your four tunnel rams i like the most. If i had only one to choose i would pick Weed Wacka!

To answer your question my Hot Shot has the following:

HiTec HS-645MG Ultra Torque Metal Gear Servo
    PRO BOAT 0155 RC SS 1.9 x 3.0 Propeller PRB0155
    Turnigy 3300mAh 6S 30C Lipo Pack
    Turnigy AquaStar 3660-1700KV Water Cooled Brushless Motor
    HobbyKing 90A Boat ESC 4A SBEC