Thread: first boat

Default first boat

Just picked up a Impulse 31 v2 this week (actually still waiting on it). But I was wondering what brand of battery anyone would recommend and what C rating. I'm planning on running it on 4s for now. I was told to look into Gens Ace batteries and that I should run a 70c.

Thanks Shorty

One way to go would be to get something inexpensive, save a few bucks, while you learn the boat on 4S because you'll probably get the upgrade bug and eventually end up running the boat on 6S (two 3S packs). Then you'll buy another boat, and it too will most likely run on 3S packs so your 2S packs might not get a lot of use in the future. I agree, a higher C rating is never a bad thing. 50C or better. Expect to spend around $30 each.

Another way would be to buy a high end pack and if you outgrow it in this boat, you could combine it with a 3S pack in series to make 5S in the future. I don't think the Impulse V2 will benefit from the extra performance a premium lipo will offer, but it definitely won't be the limiting factor. Turnigy Graphene, Revolectrix, Roaring top, Dinogy, all premium brand options.

And last, but not least, buy used high end packs. There's a gamble buying anything used, but if you find some lipos that were taken care of, you'll save money and get a top pack on the cheap. I just saw a set of (4) 2S Revo's for sale on another forum for $75 shipped.
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

thanks for the reply. I'll look into those other brands of batteries. we also have a crawler so the 2s batteries certainly won't got to waste

https://www.offshoreelectrics.com/pr...rod=rev-ys5000. These are good to start off with.