Thread: 55” Hull

Question 55” Hull

Just purchased a 55” Hull to repair and get running. Should we keep it a sinlge prop or go dual prop? Fairly new to rc boating any other recommendations greatfully received. Thanks
    IMG_0575.jpg
    IMG_2846.jpg
    IMG_7019.jpg
    IMG_6495.jpg
    IMG_0993.jpg
    Last edited by Jimmy Jam; 11-18-2018 at 05:10 AM.

Please give us all a little more info on the hull....mabe a pic .... was it electric....gas....nitro....Deep V....Tunnel....Catamaran....You'll get the help you need here for sure..!

yes a boat hull does represent many different types.

If your goal is around 50 mph I would go for a single. Its a bit lighter, and usually have better turning ability. Faster then that a twin is much more stable/safe in the straight run.

IMG_8870.jpgIMG_6495.jpg
    this is some of the pictures i have can edit post. I believe it is a Venom Segad hull

Most important question...how much do you want to spend? Motors/ESC/ Batteries/Chargers/Hardware?

What run time are you expecting?
    What speed do you want?

You might want to give answers to these questions as you might be severely disappointed buy the cost and the runtime you will get. Big boats = big money.

I'm building the boat with a mate so the cost is split 2 ways. 10 - 15 min would be good not new money but full aware big boats = big money

You can buy a turbo transmission and run anything
    "Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction."
    --Albert Einstein

Sure is a lot of running surface to push across the water there. If you're on a budget I'd absolutely recommend gear reduction. Even then 50 pushing that weight with the drag is still going to load your power system quite a bit. Best of luck.

Cheetah, Super Rio, (Mod) Starship (Mod and sold),

Quote Originally Posted by larryrose11 View Post
    It’s a good thing his drive dog fell of when it did otherwise I bet things were getting really hot !!... That was the only video he had of his setup, 20 seconds of run time doesn’t count as a working setup lol
    "Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction."
    --Albert Einstein