Thread: cutting 1/8" plywood in stead of lazer cutting- what can i use. Winter project.

Default cutting 1/8" plywood in stead of lazer cutting- what can i use. Winter project.

Long title but might help with good replies. Project is making a Wild Thing during winter months, thanks for all replies! Have a good day!

Typically a fret saw or a scroll saw, but I think the wild thing is flat enough that you could probably use a hack saw or a band saw too.
    Paul Upton-Taylor, Greased Weasel Racing.

Thank you!

I’ve used a jig saw with no problem to cut out parts roughly from a big sheet, then trim them with a scroll or bandsaw and then sand up to the lines. The best tool I’ve purchased is a Rigid oscillating sander if you plan on more builds it’s a time and elbow saver. :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Namba District 16
    1/8 Miss U.S., 1/8 59 Maverick, 1/8 Executone, 1/8 Smokin Joe, 1/8 Bud, MLGSX380, AC Pro40II Q Sport, AC Pro40II nitro,Twincraft mono 10s, Vision AOPC, VS1 FE, M34.

I use a scroll saw for some of the tricky shapes. But a straight edge & a sharp knife for the straight lines work well. A palm plane & a sanding block are always useful too.

thumb-016 (1).jpg