Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: NAMBA P-LIMITED Motor List - Pro Boat Motors NO LONGER AVAILABLE

Quote Originally Posted by longballlumber View Post
    Of course...

Other than the few that have already been discussed, I am interested to see the "windfall" of motors that a 60mm limit is going to produce.
    Ummmm............ they came right off your list.
    Futaba Team Driver
    - IMPBA Hydro Technical Director -

They limit fuel in every form of racing. In Indy, NASCAR or Formula One if there is extra laps too bad. Build in extra capacity. All my sprint boats are set-up for 8 laps.Mill, Race and cool down. No extra Laps in IMPBA. NAMBA that's another problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheShaughnessy View Post
    It would take forever to tech battery capacity, plus just because a charger shows 3000 mah doesn't mean all 3000 went into the battery. No no no, bad idea. What happens if you cut a bouy and have to do a penalty lap, two penalty laps? You now get dq'd instead of points? 37x60 and include the bearing shoulder/protrusion if it exists. I can get behind that.

Quote Originally Posted by photohoward1 View Post
    They limit fuel in every form of racing. In Indy, NASCAR or Formula One if there is extra laps too bad. Build in extra capacity. All my sprint boats are set-up for 8 laps.Mill, Race and cool down. No extra Laps in IMPBA. NAMBA that's another problem.
    No extra laps in IMPBA? Sorry but that is incorrect. Jump the start it's another lap. Lane infraction, that's a lap penalty. You get the point. And it's a tech'ing nightmare. WHY are some trying to make this so damn difficult????????
    Futaba Team Driver

Play nice Don. We are trying to get a good 10 years out of this discussion.
    MODEL BOAT RACER
    IMPBA President
    District 13 Director 2011- present
    IMPBA National Records Director 2009-2019
    IMPBA 19887L CD
    NAMBA 1169

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Smock View Post
    Play nice Don. We are trying to get a good 10 years out of this discussion.
    Futaba Team Driver

Never really considered a jump start an extra lap penalty. You never started.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

that makes sense. Because you don't actually start you don't actually use any power either, not sure why I didn't see that before.

Quote Originally Posted by don ferrette View Post
    Ummmm............ they came right off your list.
    Just because it’s on my data sheet doesn’t mean it’s a reliable motor. It was simply a data gathering exercise. I will take my chances on a 56mm AQ motor vs. the TP, Lepord, OSE Raider.... actually Darin’s test supports my preference. Doesn’t mean the AQ wins all the time, but I wouldn’t count them out along with the other 56mm motors (57mm w/bearing protrusion)

I never said it was a "penalty" but you're still doing an extra lap. If you hit the line early and get called over at the start you've got to come all the way around again for your start THEN you have your race laps...........
    Futaba Team Driver

Whatever way you try to "limit" or level competition you have to consider tech and inspection after the race which puts an extra burden on the group holding the event. Needed protests leave hard feelings and a bad taste in general. You can mandate esc's or some sort of current limiter but that adds expense and complicates inspections. Battery size, capacity or weight still mandates after race inspection. A motor size limit is almost an easy visual by contestants and at worst done with a caliper or template. Keep it simple.
    Mic

Mic Halbrehder
    IMPBA 8656
    NAMBA 1414

Dead on Mic.

Running the AQ is still a good option. Until some bean counter decides it isn't. Same for the Proboat motors. As much as I like the AQ, PB and even the Promarine motors............I don't trust any of those manufacturers to keep making them. Not the companies. The people that make them for the companies. We (racers) don't represent a large enough market share to influence their decisions. We've already experienced multiple design changes from Proboat and the discontinuation of multiple motors from both AQ and PB.

On the fuel limitation thing............pia. No offense Howard but we aint NASCAR. Those guys have an army of people to do tech work and every car has to pass inspection prior to racing. There is an impartial team that does that. They don't have to accuse each other of cheating for it to happen.

Same thing with an ESC restriction. Puts the onus on a racer to notice a guy might be cheating. He has to then accuse his friend of it. In writing no less. Next the contest directors need to prove or disprove it. Ugh.

We're just hobbyists here. Like minded morons getting together to play with their toys. Fer fun. You guys remember fun. Like when you were kids. This has to be stupid easy to tech. A caliper or a simple gauge tool. Done.
    Noisy person

The battery thing doesn’t work.. again u would have to trust a manufacturers sticker.. just because said battery says 3000 mah.. it easily holds more.. I’ve never had one battery that when taken down to even 10% that when fully charged back up to 4.2 per cell doesn’t go past the amount it’s listed at..and that was with 10% left in battery...

I like Pie...

Darin E. Jordan - Renton, WA
    "Self-proclaimed skill-less leader in the hobby."

Shoe size should be spec'd.

Yer right Doug. You know what they say. Big shoes.......big motor.
    Noisy person

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789