Quote Originally Posted by Darin Jordan View Post
I find it odd that, in EVERY OTHER CLASS in NAMBA, where motors are WIDE OPEN and people can spend as much or as little as they want, nobody is complaining about the balance of competition, or that there are TOO many motors available. And, people are TRUSTED to be able to decide for themselves what motor they want to run. Some go WAY overkill (Terry?? Ken?? Mike?? ) and others go with the "enough" power method (did you know I set the RC Boating's FASTEST EVER 2-Laps for ANY OPC Tunnel ANYWHERE using 4S1P and a mere 3640-sized TP motor? In other words... JUST enough power... )... BUT, we are all able to decide for ourselves in these classes.
For the record and the risk of getting off topic slightly; I actually think the scenario your describing is eventually going to hurt FE racing in general. Just a few years ago the GO-TO setup for most P boats was a NEU 1515 1Y. Now we have access to TP motors 1/3 longer (4070) with roughly the same KV, and it's only $140! this all equals an instant 5-8 MPH increase... Good for the hobby?

You keep referencing your Tunnel boat and your records.... As soon as someone breaks your record using a 40 series motor are you going to keep working with the 3640, because it's "JUST enough"? Guess what, it's not enough anymore! If you really valued your record you will do what it takes to get it back, and that includes changing to a different motor.