Thread: Is there a Popular budget waterproof servo for FE? How many oz Torque are required?

Default Is there a Popular budget waterproof servo for FE? How many oz Torque are required?

Have been using basic servos with corrosionX and grease but still had issues, but then moved to a waterproof HPI servo, which seemed to have really helped on one of the boats.

Is there a good “go to servo” that is waterproof out of the box that is also pretty reasonably priced for the offering?

What range of torque should I be looking for for a boat with the basic following setup?

Will a low/basic torque servo be fine in the following scenerio, or are there any benisits to be found with a stronger servo?

Used exclusively for recreational play.

For a Genesis hull on 4S Octura X442

Standard lay down servo configuration, and stock center mounted rudder.

Are there any of the Savox waterproof servos that would be recommended ? Are they OK?

I never had issues with regular servos and using corrosion x on them. I reapplied corrosion x after each day or racing and left the servos open to totally dry out also. I even applied it to the connector

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk
    "Our society strives to avoid any possibility of offending anyone except God.
    Billy Graham

Well....I've had very good luck with the KS-3518 digital high torque metal gear servo ...water proof from Flea bay.......

The Hitech D646WP is a pretty good buy at $55 for a 180oz servo that is water proof. https://www.servocity.com/d646wp-servo
    There is also the HS-646WP with 160oz. https://www.servocity.com/hs-646wp-servo
    Tyler Garrard
    NAMBA 639/IMPBA 20525
    T-Hydro @ 142.94mph former WR

Better question why are they getting wet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

An FE boat should be dry inside, as Howard stated why is there enough water in the boat to effect a treated servo?

For a 4S Genesis any servo with at least 80 oz-in will be plenty.

ERROR 403 - This is not the page you are looking for

Savox make excellent servos and there Blue Case waterproof 15kg is cheap and very good.

My recommendation is Savox. I will only use Savox in my boats, even my large scale gas and electrics. They have been extremely reliable. With that said, I have been using the high torque, high speed digital waterproof ones. They are only budget friendly when you realize that will be the last servo you buy for a long time.