Thread: Electric Harley Davidson Announced for 2019

Default Electric Harley Davidson Announced for 2019

Coming to select H-D dealers soon :the Livewire

https://www.harley-davidson.com/us/e.../livewire.html

I can't wait to take a test ride - my former H-D employer will fix me up
    2008 NAMBA P-Mono & P-Offshore Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder; '15 P-Cat, P-Ltd Cat 2-Lap
    2009/2010 NAMBA P-Sport Hydro Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder, '13 SCSTA P-Ltd Cat High Points
    '11 NAMBA [P-Ltd] : Mono, Offshore, OPC, Sport Hydro; '06 LSO, '12,'13,'14 P Ltd Cat /Mono

Kinda crazy that a company that tried (or actually did) copyright the “sound” of there engines has made the leap?

I guess I should have said trademark the v-twin sound

Quote Originally Posted by longballlumber View Post
    Kinda crazy that a company that tried (or actually did) copyright the “sound” of there engines has made the leap?

I guess I should have said trademark the v-twin sound

Harley once tried suing Honda for copying cruiser styling and the single crankpin sound. Finally dropped the suit.

Now, from the Livewire nomenclature :

"The gear set between the motor and the drive belt has been designed to produce a tone that increases in pitch and volume with speed, producing an exciting aural response to speed and acceleration." (I've experienced an exciting aural response to speed and acceleration - 'tho not from a motorcycle)
    2008 NAMBA P-Mono & P-Offshore Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder; '15 P-Cat, P-Ltd Cat 2-Lap
    2009/2010 NAMBA P-Sport Hydro Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder, '13 SCSTA P-Ltd Cat High Points
    '11 NAMBA [P-Ltd] : Mono, Offshore, OPC, Sport Hydro; '06 LSO, '12,'13,'14 P Ltd Cat /Mono

indeed, it is a big intellectual jump for H-D. The performance of electrics are there. a lot of them do lack the visceral growl. but it is made up in other ways.
    for anyone who is interested in the topic this is a great forum.
    http://www.elmoto.net
    Cheetah, Super Rio, (Mod) Starship (Mod and sold),

H-D is a publicly owned company stock-wise and is struggling to find a way to keep its rapidly diminishing "old school" demographic base served with the traditional look and sound BUT finding a path to respond to the needs of newer generations. Times are changing for sure. I have a foot in both worlds and look forward to an e-bike.

BUT :

EL 1.jpg EL 2.jpg

El 6.jpg

Thanks for the link

I think it sounds awesome.
    Nortavlag Bulc

ProperChopper,
    Care to comment on these bikes?
    I'm partial to the Bobber myself.
    https://electricmotorcycles.news/lit...s-motorcycles/
    Cheetah, Super Rio, (Mod) Starship (Mod and sold),

Quote Originally Posted by larryrose11 View Post
    ProperChopper,
    Care to comment on these bikes?
    I'm partial to the Bobber myself.
    https://electricmotorcycles.news/lit...s-motorcycles/
    The Bobber is sweet but the Curtis (used to be known as Confederate Motor Company ...) WARHAWK is my pick:

https://www.curtissmotorcycles.com/warhawk scroll in the link

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction."
    --Albert Einstein

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction."
    --Albert Einstein