Thread: gas to electric conversion

Default gas to electric conversion

Hi guys i am pretty new to this forum.I would like your valued opinions on a project. I got a 1/4 scale crackerbox 48in wood hull designed for gas motor but would like to go electric if feasible. Bare hull weighs 8 lbs.Not going to be oval raced just a recreational boat. i need some input as to what size/brand/ kv etc. motor .Probably gonna do some informal drag runs against similar size one off boats. On a gas version it runs a Octura x472 prop. I am open to any ideas about anything that might apply to this application

For a rough equivalent to a gas motor, the Castle 2028 motor on 8S with 65-70 mm props is an option, this with the typical gas CBox surface drive. A faster setup would be the same motor on 10S with an x460-462 prop.

There are other options but this one would work. Remember that ukike a gas boat, the hull MUST be watertight, water and electrics don’t mix.

ERROR 403 - This is not the page you are looking for

Hey Fluid thanks 4 your input. This looks like just the ticket what i'm looking for. What would be your thoughts on a straight shaft surface drive as opposed to going with a 1/4 inch flex shaft. Nice to meet you