Thread: I need a gear set for a vintage Graupner Hydrospeed 500 drive system

Default I need a gear set for a vintage Graupner Hydrospeed 500 drive system

As the title says I need a gear set for a vintage Graupner Hydrospeed 500 drive system. My gears broke the first time I tried to run the boat.
    graupner 500 pic 2.jpggraupner 500.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by emspjay View Post
    As the title says I need a gear set for a vintage Graupner Hydrospeed 500 drive system. My gears broke the first time I tried to run the boat.
    graupner 500 pic 2.jpggraupner 500.jpg
    I’ll have a look tomorrow buddy. I may have them. I remember seeing gears somewheres. Just not sure if they were graupner or not. I used to run their stuff

Quote Originally Posted by srislash View Post
    I’ll have a look tomorrow buddy. I may have them. I remember seeing gears somewheres. Just not sure if they were graupner or not. I used to run their stuff
    Thank you!

Well I looked and couldn’t find any. I wonder if my old hobby store would have any old stock? Maybe. Back in the day I changed mine over to a belt drive system, it was so cool sounding. Hyperdrive was where I got the parts. The Graupner shafts were common 4 or 5mm so matching up is easy.

Thanks for looking! I have been searching ebay for months now. I remember the old hyperdrive belt systems, I will add that to my ebay searches.

Hey I’ll see what is going on with the old Portifino Graupner boat that I built in yesteryear. My moms male friend wanted it but pretty sure he was just after the 4ch radio. The boat has two of those drives in it

Sounds good!! Thanks again!

I actually might be interested in the whole boat minus the 4ch radio, I always liked the lines of that boat. I could use the gears for my project and retrofit that boat with a newer drive system.

Quote Originally Posted by emspjay View Post
    I actually might be interested in the whole boat minus the 4ch radio, I always liked the lines of that boat. I could use the gears for my project and retrofit that boat with a newer drive system.
    I’ll try to discuss with him this week, he is out of town till Tuesday. He is in possession of it. Lol.

mums_pics_160.jpgmums_pics_163.jpgmums_pics_159.jpgmums_pics_162.jpg

Might be a bit of a chore to pack but lets see what he has to say