Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I need a gear set for a vintage Graupner Hydrospeed 500 drive system

Quote Originally Posted by bogieboy View Post
    No problem, should pick up the speed abit too as its a 1:1 setup instead of whatever the graupner is, mine was 2:1, then the gears shattered, then i found the 1.5:1....
    Increased speed would be great! But I wouldn't notice a speed increase since the first time I tested the boat on my bench the vintage pinion gear busted I wanted to keep everything vintage on the boat except for TX/RX and batteries but that might not be possible.

Why don't I just sell you a Hughey gear box to replace yours? I got lots of gears. Might list them soon.
    Nortavlag Bulc

Quote Originally Posted by ray schrauwen View Post
    Why don't I just sell you a Hughey gear box to replace yours? I got lots of gears. Might list them soon.
    I am trying to keep this boat as close as possible to the one I built and modified when I was a kid. That's why I have been so stubborn on the gears.

https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com...light=firehawk

I understand but those gears can hardly take stock power. I remember blowing them out of my Systems Cat long ago. A hughey would last for much longer.

That said I think a Hobby shop I know might have some gears I can check if you like?
    Nortavlag Bulc

i have the speed 700 and ran 6s 3672 2150kv brushless thru them no problem, but... those were the newer white nylon gears, not the older gray plastic ones.

ezhitz is sending me the gears he found, thank you! If I break gears again I will use the belt drive stuff I ordered, if that fails I will go direct drive.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12