Thread: battery and cooling pump question

Default battery and cooling pump question

i bought a used Pro Boat Recoil 26-inch
    had a problem with one of 2 batteries. batt shows 12.30 volts but kept stopping after a very short run.
    tried 3 times after checking if something showed wrong.

2nd batt started at 12.39 ended at 9.69 that run was good. any thoughts why 1st batt would shut down

will the cooling system pump leak. i had a small amount of water on both runs

Exactly what packs are you using? Exactly how long is “a very short run”? This sounds like a battery problem, but we need more information.

As for the other question, there is no pump. And anything can leak: holes in waterlines, loose or leaking fittings, leaking cooling jacket. But water can also come through the driveline, poor tape job, screws holding on transom hardware, cracks in the hull, etc.

ERROR 403 - This is not the page you are looking for

thanks for the reply. the batt in question not more then 10 seconds each time just enought to get it out of reach, to wait for the wind to blow it back the batt is some brand called zippy 3000 that came with the boat which as i have read some other answers may be "puffed" it is a bit thicker then the one that did run good which is flat.
    this does have something that pumps water for cooling not sure what it is called

Well we need to know the “exact” battery, the brand alone is not enough, is there a “C” rating? Exactly what is the pack which performed well? Regardless, a puffed pack may indicate that it is damaged and may not deliver power under load - this sounds like your problem.

Most boats use forward motion to force water through the cooling system, this is how your boat was cooled from the factory. Did your motor or ESC get hot?
    ERROR 403 - This is not the page you are looking for

the good battery is a 30c 3200mah
    the bad is a 20c 3000

no they were not warm
    i will check further about the water in the boat