Thread: Turn fin for GSX 480

Default Turn fin for GSX 480

Hi All.

Need some help. Building a GSX 480 from ML and I went to order a turn fin from Accu-tech yesterday - but they say they're out of stock for a few months!!! Does anyone know what other turn fins might fit a GSX 480? Or can someone hook me up with one?

Attempting an electric build of the hull as well. So if you've done that also I'd like to know how you did it. Layout & motor used etc. I have a 1000kv tp 56 can motor or a castle 2028 800kv on the shelf already to try in it.
    PERTH AUSTRALIA
    || 2 x SV 27R || Impulse 31 - ver1 || Traxxas Spartan || Kintec Pursuit || Zonda Cat 41" || Insane FE30 || OuterLimits 870mm || TFL Ariane 36" || ProBoat Zelos 48 ||

https://www.mojoracingproducts.com/c...plane-turn-fin
    I haven't built one but this might work out for you

Thanks jim82. I did wonder if mojo racing's sport 60 would do it. Mike said he'd never used one so we both weren't sure. It'll do the job you think?
    PERTH AUSTRALIA
    || 2 x SV 27R || Impulse 31 - ver1 || Traxxas Spartan || Kintec Pursuit || Zonda Cat 41" || Insane FE30 || OuterLimits 870mm || TFL Ariane 36" || ProBoat Zelos 48 ||

I don't see why it shouldn't

Would be a fun build to do. I'm working on the rsx 240 right now

I built the GSX 380 earlier this year and it turned out great. Learning curve for me for sure but the kits are really well cut and designed. Just wish I'd gotten the v2 kit though. My 480 is early build so far but really enjoying building it. Not sure how it will end up with batts and motor etc but Mike gave me the 380's long cowl to try working into the build. Not sure yet how that will all fit together but I see the potential :-)
    PERTH AUSTRALIA

Cheers for Blazer Marine link. Did not know about them! Is that bigger than the Mojo Sport 60?
    PERTH AUSTRALIA

I'm not sure right off hand what one is bigger.

I think either one should work

Hard to tell size difference from pics. Mojo does list dimensions as 3.125inch across at weld seam and 3.875inch top to bottom. 2.9oz weight. Blazer don't list dimensions. Emailed both anyway asking if they're GSX 480 suitable.
    PERTH AUSTRALIA

the MOJO fins are excellent and very well priced. my last fin was only about $40 shipped to Aust.

No argument there. It was a Mojo fin I put on the GSX 380. Nicely made and Mojo were great to deal with. Pity they don't make mounting brackets for them though. That Backlash boat at Blazer looks nice! If they made their fin for that then I think it will be ok for the 480.
    PERTH AUSTRALIA

its not hard to cut a piece of angle aluminium to size and drill a couple of holes. you can,t buy everything ready made you know.

Yes true. And that's what I did do. Guess I can dream though even if it is lazy :-)
    PERTH AUSTRALIA

I find it interesting that a vendor sells you a boat kit, but can't tell you what fin he recommends for the boat.

Mike recommends the Accutech ATHTFA-100 turn fin. Sorry - guess I didn't make that clear. Accutech say that fin will be out of stock for a few months. Hence my search for another fin.
    PERTH AUSTRALIA

I knew what you meant

Quote Originally Posted by IRON-PAWW View Post
    Mike recommends the Accutech ATHTFA-100 turn fin. Sorry - guess I didn't make that clear. Accutech say that fin will be out of stock for a few months. Hence my search for another fin.
    ahhhh, gotcha.

The mojo fin is for a P to Q hydro size boat and the Blazier fin is for a gas boat size hydro.

Mark

Thanks Mark. I was suspecting that the blazer fin was Gas boat sized but I didn't know for sure.

Thanks too jim82 for the insane boats link. Should have known to check there as I go there often to drool.
    PERTH AUSTRALIA