Thread: Turnigy plush 100a ?

Default Turnigy plush 100a ?

There is a warning for this controller that says high timing is needed for some large motors. I am using it with a KB45 and 2x2s1p lipos in series with a detongued x645 in a 27" cat do I need the high timing?

Thanks in advance for any help on this.
    IMPBA 20481S D-12

i had one in a mm with kb45 11xl on 8s i had timing on high it ran for 8 minates and i popped the esc it was my fault though i ran it 4 min and check the temps they were barely over a 100 degrees and i threw the boat back in the water without letting it cool im buying another one as we speak

Kb45 motors are 2 pole motors, Feigao are also 2 pole motors, both made in china. They are great motors, with the kb4's being torquier due to their larger diameter, but not as well balanced, where as the feigao motors are pretty torquey, and are pretty well balanced for a cheaper motor. 2 pole motors need to be run at low, or "normal" timing. A 6 pole motor for example needs a higher timing setting.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for that - I will set it to low to start with.
    IMPBA 20481S D-12

Chuck, start on low and watch the temps, If you wish more out of the motor FOR SHORT DURATIONS, then increase the timing. Prop changes after testing ..LOW

Douggie

egneg, no problem...always happy to help out another boater....this forum is great to learn new things. with 2 pole motors....I have tried higher timing..and several props, and have not seen any improvements....just more heat. 6 pole motors such as the neu motors...NEED high timing.

I ran the cat today but I fear that the lipo's I used were old and tired, I have GPS'ed it almost 10 mph faster than today's run. I have a fresh set that I will try and let you know how it goes - I appreciate everyone's help
    IMPBA 20481S D-12