Thread: H@M Miss Bud

Default H@M Miss Bud

Just got my H@M 1/10 Miss Bud hull and looks good but will be a very tough build....thats why I bought it !!! There is NOOOO room for anything in this boat !!
    So the question is ...Any detrimental effects with off setting the motor and strut to the right ? This will allow more room for the ESC stuffed next to it.

I have offset the motor to the left to counter the tendency of lifting the left(port) sponson. Offsetting to the opposite side would of course have the opposite effect

Offsetting the motor/driveline to the right is commonly done to counteract prop walk. The offset thrust line tends to push the boat to the left. While offsetting to the left might help reduce lifting of the left sponson slightly (adding a few ounces to the left sponson is more effective), it may also require left rudder trim to run straight. Which side is offset depends on which problem this hull suffers from the most. The handfull I’ve seen built and run had other, more serious problems to deal with.

ERROR 403 - This is not the page you are looking for

OK thanks....good to know . I will just set it up centered and work around it. I have no idea what the fascination is with this hull but I just had to have/build it !! I have been mocking up many many ideas on where to place everything and batteries will be the most difficult for sure.

Looking at 1950 or 2080 kv motors on 4s . Wanted to run a little aggressive but want a good run time. Any input.

Been a while but boat is together and runs perfect and very stable. Had to come up with some interesting solutions for balance but she runs fantastic on 5s and runs around 65mph in the straights.
    Have a car race this weekend so will try and get some pictures and maybe a video next week.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary View Post
    Been a while but boat is together and runs perfect and very stable. Had to come up with some interesting solutions for balance but she runs fantastic on 5s and runs around 65mph in the straights.
    Have a car race this weekend so will try and get some pictures and maybe a video next week.
    Any chance you can post some pics and Video ? I'm curious as to where you put the batteries. I love the look of the Turbine era Hydros. I was thinking of buying one of these Hydros at some point .

Quote Originally Posted by 1coopgt View Post
    Any chance you can post some pics and Video ? I'm curious as to where you put the batteries. I love the look of the Turbine era Hydros. I was thinking of buying one of these Hydros at some point .
    I took pictures on my ipad but having issues getting uploaded.