Thread: Wanna buy more powerfull engine than 540xl velineon... [emoji108][emoji469]

Default Wanna buy more powerfull engine than 540xl velineon...

More powerfull engine wanna on this boat.. And can somebody tell how i now witch is more powerfull than stock motor.... Where is

Lähetetty minun COL-L29 laitteesta Tapatalkilla

This will work great OSE Leopard 4082 x2 Motor & Esc Package
    Last edited by Revolt Flash; 10-23-2018 at 07:22 PM.

Tony, I have a Leopard 4082 1600KV on one of my Spartans and a TP Power 4050 1700KV on another. . . both with a Seaking 180A esc. At one time I had a TP Power 4060 1650KV with a 220A esc but I felt was much more than needed for my two young sons so I took it off and settled with the two previous setups I mentioned in the beginning and running them mostly on 4S and at times 6S for more speed. Props mostly used varied from these . . Octura X442, X447, M545, X642 and M645. . Also, I want you to know that I've changed my flex shaft to 3/16" (.187") to accommodate increase of power and also the hardware (rudder, strut, turn fins, trim tabs) was also replaced to keep it more stable at higher speeds. Also, added another cooling line so that the motor and esc will have its own cooling line to help better cool your electronics. These you might want to consider if you decide to upgrade your electronics and always check your temps when making changes to props or going up on voltage from 4S to 6S. . .some, including myself, have tried 8S with DIFFERENT MOTOR/ESC SETUPS than mentioned, but for my use it was unnecessary. Hope this helps a little.

for me personally i see no reason to upgrade this boat ,unless the motor has failed . this boat is already capable of speeds of 50+mph and it chine walks quite badly at that speed already .
    if you do upgrade you will need additional inner trim tabs minimum to keep it on the water .the weakest link is the esc ,the motor is a quite capable motor ,the esc gets a bit warm but i have had my spartan run 56mph without overheat issues .best to get a metal motor cooler right away .
    that's usually the first "needed" upgrade .

honestly all these upgrades are wasted on a hull that chine walks badly and in the end after you have dumped a bunch of money into this boat your lucky if your going 8 mph faster .
    i have kept my boat stock other than the motor cooler for this very reason .its already fast enough to be fun but any faster requires work ,money, and tuning to keep it on the water .

good luck .
    volantex vector pro ,proboat veles 29 , traxxas spartan, hobbyking/tfl pursuit ,ft009 with rescue rigging

NO CHINEWALK

ok, something else to consider .i just had my spartan out last week .on 2 -3s 5000 lipos i pulled a 9 minute run . i have gone 10 minutes already on the stock system . just cruising around with a few fast passes and such .
    you are going to lose that comfort once you add a different motor and esc .none my other fast boats get this amount of run time . just something to think about .good luck and enjoy your spartan .
    volantex vector pro ,proboat veles 29 , traxxas spartan, hobbyking/tfl pursuit ,ft009 with rescue rigging

Tony, one of the many enjoyments in fe boating is problem solving. Yes, it can cause headaches but when you fix the issue you learn something and that itself is very rewarding. Upgrading parts, adding parts, modifying parts, moving and changing the layout and even fabricating their own parts to building your first boat from the ground up is challenging but very rewarding. You learn how things work or what doesn't work. I agree with boatsrnew2me with leaving the Spartan in stock form is enough, but for others they outgrow it and get bored so they want to see how they can improve the boat or for some, how far they can push the boat to its limits. Sometimes an upgrade can actually be a downgrade, but you'll never know that until you try it. As for the Spartan, even with the known issues, there are many that have succeeded running it stable at 60mph plus. Some even over 70mph but with modifications and hours of dialing it just right but this boat does have its limits. Remember, you can get advice from others how to setup your boat but, ultimately it's your boat and the adjustments will be specific to your boat. You and I can have the exact adjustments on two exact boats but, then we use different batteries and that alone can make the boat behave differently. So that's where you tune your boat to your needs. However, some just learn how to tweak their stock boat like adjusting your trim tabs, strut height and battery placement which can all be critical to how your boat performs. You can even increase the speed just by simply sharpening and balancing your metal prop, sharpening the turn fins and the rudder blade. . .that's it! As for cooling just change the stock cooling jacket as it leaks and you can also upgrade the cooling tubes will also help. I've seen people go as far as laying down expensive and time consuming CF inlay to the interior of their Spartan hull. But for me I'd rather put that expensive CF inlay on a more capable hull than the ABS Spartan hull which I have on several of my other boats. However, some will only have one or two boats and are willing to spend more money on it to get it where they want it and are happy with it. Where others have many and different kinds of boats so they put their money on something that could get the greatest benefit because it can and will get expensive. So if there's things you want to do to your Spartan then try it. . . do it. I see you've already done some mods. . .that's great. It's great that you joined this forum because there's one thing you can count on here is you will definitely get a lot of help or advice from many experienced and great bunch of guys who have "done that and been there" who are more than able to help guide you to what ever comes to mind so you can enjoy your boat to its fullest. . . .just ask.
    Last edited by Bp9145; 10-23-2018 at 07:54 PM.

Normally... I practice by my own.. I love rc boats... In post office waiting 3blades x443octura prop....

Thx for advice

Curing chine walking takes more than a simple adjustment of the trim tabs, as this does not address the cause. When there is too little of a deep vee hull in the water it will rock back and forth on the keel - this is chine walking. The real cure is to actually raise the strut mount to settle the hull so that that the keel is deep enough to provide roll stability. This isn’t easy since the mount itself must be raised and the stuffing tube repositioned, not just adjusted. The amount to raise the strut depends on the hull, weight and speed, but on a hull like the Spartan I’d suggest 1/4” to start.

ERROR 403 - This is not the page you are looking for