Thread: 2018 Indy Admirals Polar Bear Cup and the Fast Fifty Marathon

Default 2018 Indy Admirals Polar Bear Cup and the Fast Fifty Marathon

Sunday November the 4th will be the last Fast Electric event of the 2018 Indy Admirals Calendar.

The day will comprise of 2 events, Outboard Tunnels, the more the better, large small, bring em'all.

Polar Bear Cup Flyer 2018.pdf

And.......

The Fast-Fifty, an offshore style Marathon event. 50 laps , 2 boats, 3 person teams (2 drivers, 1 unbiased score keeper).

Indy Fast Fifty Relay Flyer 2018.pdf

Attached are the flyers for both events

Hope the weather is kind and that we see you there.

Posted this to our club page. www.Facebook.com/IndyAdmirals

Also posted it to the Hoosier RC Racers page on Facebook. There are many racers there who might have interest in RC fast electric. Suggested they come and be the spotters needed. www.Facebook.com/HRCRacers

I’ll try to be there too in order to help out. I’m sorry I didn’t race this summer with you guys. Was too busy with the Hoosier RC Racers club. Now, we have club officers and others who have stepped forward to help. Getting some of my free time back. :)

Quote Originally Posted by IndyHobbies View Post
    I’ll try to be there too in order to help out. I’m sorry I didn’t race this summer with you guys. Was too busy with the Hoosier RC Racers club. Now, we have club officers and others who have stepped forward to help. Getting some of my free time back. :)
    No problem at all and completely understand. Hopefully the weather holds and its not snowing.

A real windy day for the fast 50 and the Polar bear cup, it was a real test of nerve for the drivers, how fast you can make the turn and make it stick. How fast you can make a pit, if your wife can distract and heckle the other team.

Sadly Owen and I were not the champs this year, but we did have a blast and it was an epic fight to the end. To have the 1st and second place on the same lap for 50 laps cat and mouse is something that I think is super cool.

And without further ado the winners are Parker and David Hughey.
    DSC_0046.jpg

Owen and I took second
    DSC_0043.jpg

Mike and David were 1st and 2nd at the Polar Bear, Sadly Parkers boat took a hit to the hull.
    David and Mike.jpg

As an interesting side note, the first polar Bear Cup was held in 1977. Mike still has the original trophy and magazine clipping from the event that he bought with him and sharing stories from back in the day.

Was Parker at the 2005 nats running crackerbox?
    Noisy person

Quote Originally Posted by T.S.Davis View Post
    Was Parker at the 2005 nats running crackerbox?
    No, that was his older brother Jacob. They both are outstanding drivers (I wonder why). Parker just left us to attend Indiana University (Jacob graduated IU this Spring). Parker was called up to drive with his father in our 50 lap marathon race. He drove my boat and I'm glad he did because I wouldn't have had the nerve to push it as hard as he did in the windy conditions.

Yeah, great genes there.

Holy crap we're getting old. Jacob was like 8 then.
    Noisy person

IU, such a shame. Boiler up!