Thread: ESC motor cooling line

Default ESC motor cooling line

got out to run my Mono again and notice water isn't coming out of the cooling line on the side of the boat.after checking it out I found the little loop coming out and going back into the ESC line was kinked.after many attempts to keep it from kinking I came up with a solution I took a spring from a ballpoint pen and inserted into a clear hose I had laying around..and Bingo problem solved..here's a picture..maybe some may find this helpful...
    Attached Images Attached Images

perfect! good one
    volantex vector pro ,proboat veles 29 , traxxas spartan, hobbyking/tfl pursuit ,ft009 with rescue rigging

Actually you would want a larger spring to fit on the outside and not inside. When water flows through it sometimes picks up small debris that would normally just exit out. Now, with the spring on the inside there's a chance it will trap these small debris and accumulate that will eventually cause a clog. Even so just having the spring inside could possibly affect the flow of water. . .

appreciate your input..however I don't believe a spring on the outside would keep the tubing from kinking...I could be wrong of course it's been known to happen... I used what I had laying around..but the good news is I have tested and ran the boat and the water is moving through very nicely...and I always blow out all water in the system after running...I'd have to say I'm quite satisfied with the outcome...

Smart !!
    2008 NAMBA P-Mono & P-Offshore Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder; '15 P-Cat, P-Ltd Cat 2-Lap
    2009/2010 NAMBA P-Sport Hydro Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder, '13 SCSTA P-Ltd Cat High Points
    '11 NAMBA [P-Ltd] : Mono, Offshore, OPC, Sport Hydro; '06 LSO, '12,'13,'14 P Ltd Cat /Mono

They have put springs/coils on the exterior of cooling lines for that very same fix. If it were mine, I would just replace with a better piece of tubing, something with thicker walls that will prevent kinking to begin with.
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

[QUOTE=fweasel;727187]They have put springs/coils on the exterior of cooling lines for that very same fix. If it were mine, I would just replace with a better piece of tubing, something with thicker walls that will prevent kinking to begin with.[/QUOTEI second that statement......

Thomas, it's great that you found a solution to your problem with what you have around. I'm glad it's working for you. Just make sure that you inspect it every now and then to keep it clean or free of any obstacles or debris. It's a short piece so it shouldn't be a problem. I just feel anything inside the tubing will likely restrict the flow somewhat, but if it's working good for you then that's good and definitely better than having a kink tubing. Also, consider what Ryan suggested with a thicker and better tubing. I usually change the stock cooling lines with a much better one and sometimes rearranging or shortening the lines to make it more efficient and better flow. It's easier more practical and you don't have to spend time putting that spring inside the tubing. . . .keep up the good work.