Thread: Pro Boat Shockwave V26

Default Pro Boat Shockwave V26

Pro Boat V26 Has anyone converted this to an outboard setup ??........seems narrow and the mounting an outboard might make the rear top heavy..........looks to be an easy retrofit. ( I have a new hull).......but question the results ??

Nobody? Opinions ? I like outboard setups......that's it..........

There are outboard that would fit and work...but I think you might be disappointed in the handling and speed......

beam to narrow ?

Yes for one....the hull is a bit too small to handle the weight aft.... I have tried outboard on smaller hulls...but.... I have a couple larger hulls that handle an outboard well.... Not to say you couldn't try it ..

thanks........I'll give it a go....time will tell.......

Default Working on it.......

...a little progress...SAM_2513.jpgSAM_2517.jpgSAM_2514.jpg

Hey Buzz, that actually looks really nice with that monster outboard motor. . in a real boat it actually works but with rc boats it's a bit different as the power and weight ratio could cause some problems. I actually had three of these( two older ones and the newer green one like the one you have)and like you I was curios on putting an outboard motor. So I did convert one of them to an outboard setup. Oh, I forgot to add, I was worried that the transom might be weak so I glassed it with several sheets and I did the seams as well while I was at it. Then I filled all the open areas, especially in the open pockets in the rear of the boat, with pool noodles to keep it from sinking too much. I used a T180A esc and tried a couple of motors, I think they were a 3660 and a 3674 that I used to power it up. . Then when I ran it I had the batteries, two 3S 5000mah in parallel, up front towards the bow. I tried with higher voltages and the results varied with different voltages and different props. It ran pretty good but I didn't have a gps unit at that time but I would say at least 40mph. I wish I still had it so I could send you pics. Just make sure you don't use the stock 30A esc. Put at least a 120A or higher where if you want to run it as high as 6S you can. But make sure your motor of choice will handle 6S or higher as well. good luck and keep us informed and a video of it running
    Last edited by Bp9145; 11-18-2018 at 09:37 PM. Reason: added more info

Ha, cool graphics layout. Fits the upcoming holiday.
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

Thanks for all comments.....the color directed me into going the "Grinch" mode route.........I will use a 4000 3s Graphene .....positioned to give me a balance point about 40-45% up from the stern.... I don't really care too much about speed, just want decent as possible handling and run time. Motor height, tilt angle and trim tabs should(?) enable this. ESC is 90A. It'll be spring before testing as the local ponds are already skimmed over. (Vermont). I just like the build aspect of this hobby and seldom "color within the lines". As long as they look decent.....on the shelf if nothing else...ha!
    Last edited by creekrunner; 11-18-2018 at 08:45 PM.

Love the hull graphics...very cool..!!