Thread: prather 46 before

Cool prather 46 before

newbe question will it hurt anything to spin everything 1/4 throttle or so to see how everything works I'de like to try before I go to the river and make a jackass out of myself thanks

No problem

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    Team Liquid Dash

yes it is always a good idea to give a bench test before venturing out to the lake just incase you did something wrong.

thanks will try

Harold, even some of the best have made mistakes or in your words a made a "jackass"of themselves. Some are simple ones and some are major ones. I know when I first started I made quite a few so I made a checklist before I went out until it became a habit. . a good habit. I know your question was already answered, but I'd like to add something to consider before going out on the water. Here's just a few things that I've done that messed up my day . .forgot to tighten the collet after greasing the flex shaft only to lose the shaft and my prop. Forgot to bring a fully charged battery . . .didn't check my batteries and had a short run or not even get to run the boat. As for batteries, how about bringing batteries with the wrong connectors. . didn't match the ones with what was in my boat. Another one, forgot to bring hatch tape but still ran the boat only to have a blow over and when I finally retrieved my boat it was full of water which could possibly cause a problem with your electronics. As for retrieval of a capsize boat make sure you have a plan or a way to retrieve your boat. How about making sure you having some kind of floatation in your boat like pool noodles inside so that your boat doesn't sink. . .yes, I've had one or should I say more than one go under, but one in particular because I forgot to put back the pool noodles in it when I change the motor and esc and then took it out to test run it then a blow over. How about making sure to have fresh batteries in your TX or if you have rechargeable TX batteries they are charged as I drove an hour to a beautiful pond and forgot to charge my TX battery in my modified TX so I couldn't just go to a store and buy AA batteries as the battery tray has been modified to accept a lipo battery. Not only that, sometimes I've forgotten to bring my charger or even cables therefore, I couldn't charge nothing. I can go on and on as I have probably made every mistake in the book. . .small ones like I mentioned to big ones like plugging my bullet connectors in reverse and watch my batteries get super hot and swell or connecting my batteries in series instead of parallel with them dang adapters then my esc let out a puff of some magic white clouds. So perhaps you can make your own list until everything becomes second to nature. And even then many experienced boaters still make simple mistakes that can make their day a not so good of a day or worse a disaster. Perhaps I should start a thread of common mistakes fe boaters have done because it sure would be an interesting read. I hope a few here can chime in about the result of the lack of preparation just so you would know there's no harm in making sure of things before going out . . .but for sure it is safe to bench test your boat at 1/4 throttle or even at full throttle for a moment before going out as others said before me.

Yes. are those transmitter batteries charged. or ; Is the transmitter in the car. years ago i drove a fair distance and upon arrival at a flying field , sure enough no transmitter . not good.

Harold, it seems this isn't Bp 9145's first rodeo or day at the pond. It's good to be prepared for anything that can go wrong. I would suggest a "Pit Kit"that includes spare parts (grub screws, nuts & bolts, washers etc.) to fit the boat. I use an old tackle box that has enough room under the lid for the transmitter and locktite, etc. I reserve the fishing lure compartments for parts and tools that only fit the boat. I keep the small parts in pill organizers I get from the local pharmacy. I don't pack it full of stuff like complete socket sets and wrench sets, only the ones that fit the boat. It works great when something goes wrong and you can say "no problem I can fix that" then you can save the day and not look like the proverbial jacka$$. Anything can and will go wrong at the worst possible time, (murphy's law). #1 don't sweat the small stuff. #2 It's all small stuff. Don't take yourself too darned seriously and most important, HAVE A GOOD TIME !!! -Ken-

thanks everyone for the advice good thing I only live 2 miles from where I will run the boat much better until I get it down pat