Thread: What’s up fellas?

Default What’s up fellas?

Just wanted to shoot the bull with you guys. I haven’t been posting much. I’m still working on boats, but now I really have no lake run them in. They sold the lake I usually run in, fenced it off and put up no trespassing signs. Someone did hook their truck to it and rip one pile out the ground lol. Guess they were mad. Bunch of kids swimming in it and tearing the land up with 4wds. I’m really thinking about selling a couple of my fast boats I have left because no where to run. I have small ponds available for some smaller boats I have so I’ll have to settle on that when I get the itch. I really need to find a piece of land and build a house with a lake. What you guys been up to? I’m still around and I lurk, and I’m still helping people in the background. I miss the days of going to the lake every weekend and posting new stuff for you guys to read about.
    32" carbon rivercat single 4s 102mph, 27” mini Rivercat 92mph, kbb34 91mph, jessej micro cat(too fast) was

Good to hear from you Travis. That sucks about your lake. You got to find another place, there's got to be a good one close around there somewhere. Why don't you get that one down out of the rafters that's in the plastic bag and send it my way to run it for you, so it don't go bad just sitting there. Lol..
    TFL Zonda (124mph), Miss Geico Zelos 36 (108mph), Veles 29 (91mph), Zelos Twin 36 (90mph), Miss Geico 29v3 (83.5mph), Sonicwake 36 V2 (83mph), Blackjack 42 (81mph), TFL Pursuit (79mph), UL-19 (75mph), Sonicwake 36 (73mph), Motley Crew (47.5mph), AquaCraft Rescue 17

Dude, I’ve used some of your experience that you’ve posted. Not to bring up an old thread, I haven’t said thank you. Thank you for posting setups and stuff. Thought I seen a week ago about you losing lake and that the city/ county was working on replacement? Maybe not you.
    Vortex 22 hydro ammo 36-50
    Vortex Cyber Storm 33 P spec Mono AC 36-56
    PT SS-45 Q-hydro Neu 1527/1Y

Quote Originally Posted by MADRCER View Post
    Good to hear from you Travis. That sucks about your lake. You got to find another place, there's got to be a good one close around there somewhere. Why don't you get that one down out of the rafters that's in the plastic bag and send it my way to run it for you, so it don't go bad just sitting there. Lol..
    Lol not a bad idea. Actually I’m working on a deal with a member here for that boat. I’ve sold him a couple boats and I’m building one for him now. He plans in running it in flint, which really excites me.
    32" carbon rivercat single 4s 102mph, 27” mini Rivercat 92mph, kbb34 91mph, jessej micro cat(too fast) was

Quote Originally Posted by ETOWNE View Post
    Dude, I’ve used some of your experience that you’ve posted. Not to bring up an old thread, I haven’t said thank you. Thank you for posting setups and stuff. Thought I seen a week ago about you losing lake and that the city/ county was working on replacement? Maybe not you.
    Your quite welcome and thanks for the kind words.

Man. I feel for you. There must be something close by. Surely.

ETOWNE.
    You might be thinking of the thread I started, where the council has shut down our club's race lake.

Quote Originally Posted by 785boats View Post
    Man. I feel for you. There must be something close by. Surely.

ETOWNE.
    You might be thinking of the thread I started, where the council has shut down our club's race lake.

My sister in laws boyfriend owns a big piece of land about 10 minutes up the road. But it’s newly cleared and the land is soft. Easy to get stuck. They dredged this land and made a huge lake but it still have fuel hoses floating in it on and right below the surface. I’m waiting on them to remove the hoses but it still a pain in the ass to get out there.

My only other choice is a campground I go to that has a big lake but it’s not big enough to run 100+mph boat I don’t think. I may have to start searching again. I got spoiled by this lake next to me.

I haven’t been doing much either. Down in Florida for the last month while they build the retirement home. Talk about stress I would be happy as a pig in s#$t if finding a new place to run my boats was my biggest problem.

Sorry to hear about your lake. That blows. I envy those with easy water access. It takes a lot of extra time and planning to make the trip to our local spots and as life gets busier, its harder for me to play with the toys on the weekends.

Tell you what, if I win the power ball drawing tonight, I'll buy you a lake.

That sucks man! I have read many of you threads and they are so informative! I hope you find a new place to run! No reason to call it quits we need experience like yours on the forum!

Hey my brother, good to see you post. Real sorry to hear about your lake. Mine is on its way out too but it’ll be awhile yet. I see you’ve takin’ up tweaking the vehicles tho.

Shawn

Quote Originally Posted by fweasel View Post
    Sorry to hear about your lake. That blows. I envy those with easy water access. It takes a lot of extra time and planning to make the trip to our local spots and as life gets busier, its harder for me to play with the toys on the weekends.

Tell you what, if I win the power ball drawing tonight, I'll buy you a lake.
    Did you win? Lol I went picked up a few tickets myself. But as my my luck goes, nope. O well.

I agree as life gets busier it gets harder to play!

Quote Originally Posted by srislash View Post
    Hey my brother, good to see you post. Real sorry to hear about your lake. Mine is on its way out too but it’ll be awhile yet. I see you’ve takin’ up tweaking the vehicles tho.

Shawn
    Yea not having a place to run really blows. I could always sneak in there and I doubt anyone would say anything but I’ll let it cool down for now.

Quote Originally Posted by kfxguy View Post
    Yea not having a place to run really blows. I could always sneak in there and I doubt anyone would say anything but I’ll let it cool down for now.
    Ah, no point creating a hassle for yourself. Perhaps try to reach out to the new owner and get permission. You wouldn’t be out there all that much.

Quote Originally Posted by srislash View Post
    Ah, no point creating a hassle for yourself. Perhaps try to reach out to the new owner and get permission. You wouldn’t be out there all that much.
    True but I have no idea who owns it now. I’ll see if I can find out.

Quote Originally Posted by 785boats View Post
    ETOWNE.
    You’re pry right. Hope both you guys get fired back up. Kfx, can’t go to city or town hall and ask for permission at a park? Start a club if there is none by you. I know it’s tough, I tried getting guys I raced rc cars/trucks in Indiana with to get boats 10 years ago. 3 almost 4 states of racing and none of them wanted to race boats. It’s tough. I’m so thankful I get back into it in Florida and there’s 2 clubs I belong to, the district has races. It’s made it so much better.

NEWBOATER, where you at in FL.? I go to 2 different club ponds. Melbourne and Ft. Pierce.
    Vortex 22 hydro ammo 36-50
    Vortex Cyber Storm 33 P spec Mono AC 36-56
    PT SS-45 Q-hydro Neu 1527/1Y

Well I'm glad you're still doing what you love, but sorry to hear about the lake BS! They say Every problem has a limited life so I hope this blows over quickly for you. You already over came one problem that slowed you down you'll over come this one as well, it all takes time. Best wishes, and again thank you for all of your help. Tim
    SW26 V3 Green 35mph , Swifter Hydro 26. Delta Force 35. cars ,3 Rustlers 45-76 Mph.

Quote Originally Posted by gearhd48 View Post
    Well I'm glad you're still doing what you love, but sorry to hear about the lake BS! They say Every problem has a limited life so I hope this blows over quickly for you. You already over came one problem that slowed you down you'll over come this one as well, it all takes time. Best wishes, and again thank you for all of your help. Tim
    Yea someone ripped the fence down and they haven’t come put it back up. I may go out there, I sold my fast Rivercat and ended up getting both my badass 27” minis back. I’m gonna update the original one and see if I can find a nice home for it and keep the black version. But for now I have a nice play boat that can haul butt if I want to. Then I’ve got a couple more projects for myself and a few other people I’m working on. Just haven’t had much time to post on the forum. But rest assured, I’m still here and building boats. I don’t think I’ll just disappear like KBB did.

Yo T baby! We gotta catchup...
    "Look good doin' it"
    See the fleet

Quote Originally Posted by Jesse J View Post
    Yo T baby! We gotta catchup...
    Hit me up brochacho!

Hi Travis good to hear from you.Man I can't remember how many times I have heard similar situations and I do understand your frustration,Here our official site is facing a severe dry and we are not allowed to use the lake due to safety rules so we moved to another lake not so good but better this than nothing,In the other hand with the decrease of number of Fe guys migrating to the Gas classes due to difficulties to import batteries I was forced to follow the movement and built a Gas rigger so very often I play with my fe riggers. Problems are all around but I'm pretty sure you will find a good spot to play with your fast boats soon.
    Cheers
    Gill
    GO FAST AND TURN RIGHT !
    www.grsboats.com.br

I have tomorrow off anyone want to meet at tri city park

Quote Originally Posted by djr01974 View Post
    I have tomorrow off anyone want to meet at tri city park
    Yea I’ll meet you there. Just wait on me.

Lol. Just kidding

Quote Originally Posted by grsboats View Post
    Hi Travis good to hear from you.Man I can't remember how many times I have heard similar situations and I do understand your frustration,Here our official site is facing a severe dry and we are not allowed to use the lake due to safety rules so we moved to another lake not so good but better this than nothing,In the other hand with the decrease of number of Fe guys migrating to the Gas classes due to difficulties to import batteries I was forced to follow the movement and built a Gas rigger so very often I play with my fe riggers. Problems are all around but I'm pretty sure you will find a good spot to play with your fast boats soon.
    Cheers
    Gill
    I’m currently thinning out the herd. I just got rid of my fastest boat, no where to run it, it found a very good home so I’m ok with it. I’ve actually got another Rivercat hull coming to me soon. I’m going to build a play boat out of that one so I can run it at the campground lakes. I’m keeping a few slower thing thst I can actually drive at the campground. My plans are to keep a zelos, mini Rivercat (I have two right now) and a 10” wooden cat. And my airboat lol.

I'm getting the fever again I think. Been in the shop this week working on boats. I've realized how much I enjoy building boats and machining parts. I'm finally getting caught up. Got two more finished.

I'm getting the fever again I think. Been in the shop this week working on boats. I've realized how much I enjoy building boats and machining parts. I'm finally getting caught up. Got two more finished.

Got two more finished.
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

I’m getting the itch too ! I’m readying my 2 boat herd for departure so I can build a couple fun runners with them. If nobody wants them I’ll probably just put them in the attic for a couple years lol....
    "Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction."
    --Albert Einstein

I’ll probably pick up a couple T29’s with factory wooden stringers, makes hull super strong for guys like me who don’t want to do inlays lol
    "Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction."
    --Albert Einstein