Talking to a fellow club member yesterday, kids racing came up in discussion. In it, we talked about the money and the speed. I belong to 2 clubs within an hour of each other. 1 has 0 kids racing as it’s mostly big gas and the other has 1 minor. It’s at a park so kids do come watch every so often. Both really have no kids racing with the exception of 1. I went to my first district race, 2 kids racing . How do we get some younger blood in there that can progress into faster classes?

We still race stock sv27’s but even that once you get boat(they’re becoming far and few) radio,batteries, and charger is a few hundred dollars. P spec, it’s even more expensive and faster yet. In talking with this fellow racer, I came up with $200 rtr limit, self righting, bone stock, maybe even a age restriction. Atomic, proboat, and HK each have one, all 3 cell, sub 20” and brushless. About 0 maintenance, crashing is not so intimidating and it’s a lot easier to get parents to dish out a $100 vs. $400-$1000. Maybe the club could provide 4 of them, I don’t know.

I’ve hit guys up selling race boats online in the area. Hey, we’re racing on sundays. I’ve been to several offshore races this year and mike is out there showing promarine boats off,even had demo day at cocoa beach race, thank you. I just wanna know what others are doing across the country to promote the hobby.if you have some form of less expensive kids racing, please share. I believe the more the merrier and bring the competition. Maybe, my x generation is the last of it, I don’t know. Look forward to the comments or ideas.