Thread: Stock Proboat flex shaft vs OSE upgraded flex shaft

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Stock Proboat flex shaft vs OSE upgraded flex shaft

The stock shaft in my UL-19 isn’t very true and has lots of wobble. This causes buzzes, vibrations, and premature strut bushing wear, IMO.

I ordered an OSE uprgrade shaft to replace it.
    It comes with:

- flex shaft
    - drive dog
    - nut
    - brass bullet nut
    - Teflon stuffing liner.

It’s preset and ready to install once the old line is removed. This is the hardest part of the job imo. I removed the strut so it could also be thoroughly cleaned. It’s also a good idea to run a cleaning patch up the brass stuffing tube to clean out any gunk.

The new liner may need to be trimmed off a little. I left it a bit longer than the factory liner. It extends out past the brass tubing about 3/16” on both ends.

OSE also has a HD flex dive that is much thicker and doesn’t require a liner, but they were out of stock.

I recommend anyone with a Proboat to check their shafts, Horizon didn’t seem to think this was an issue and this is the norm for their shafts.

Just look at this quick vid I made to see the difference. It’s not super technical, but you can see the difference.
    Last edited by Hawcer; 10-15-2018 at 11:01 PM. Reason: Error corrections pointed out to me