Thread: X442 prop test on the UL19

Default X442 prop test on the UL19

Ok. I took the boat out to compare the voltage drops at wot and running temps between a sharpened and balanced stock prop and a OSE sharpened and balanced Octura x442.

Close to the same diameter on both props, but the x442 is only 1.4 pitch compared to the stock 1.7.

Also a side note. I did not know the x442 is about 1/4” shorter. I had to look through my stash of odds and ends and luckily found a spacer to put between the rear of the prop and the nut.

Everything was set to go..........but I messed up and didn’t bother to look at the transmitter before taping up and putting the boat in the water. As soon as I hit the throttle the low volts alarm on the transmitter started honking. I must have pulled a lead loose.

I told the wife not to video, since I already messed up. It honked the whole time until the esc hit lvc. I did get a constant 120ish temp on the motor the whole run with the stock prop.

I switched out the batteries and the prop to the x442. Fixed the connection problem on the voltage sensor and did a second run.

I ignored the voltage readings since I’ll have to retest anyway. Temps ranged 106 up to 115deg toward the end of the run.

She took this vid halfway through the run. I had the low volts alarm set to 14v. So it started honking at me under full throttle at the halfway point. You can hear it in the vid.

I couldn’t tell if it was slower, faster, or the same as far as speeds go. It did seem a little higher pitched, like it was running a higher rpm.

Btw, I am only running 4s. Just for fun...no clubs or competition races.
    I’ll make the leap up to 5 or 6s some day.

Here is a clip from last week to compare.
    Stock prop on 4s

https://youtu.be/kfQ5MERn0ms

OSE stickers look good on the UL-19 :)
    Attached Images Attached Images

Nice. You can run 6s WOT all the way to LVC with that prop (even in Desert heat lol) with no worries what so ever with heat.
    TFL Zonda (124mph), Miss Geico Zelos 36 (108mph), Veles 29 (91mph), Zelos Twin 36 (90mph), Miss Geico 29v3 (83.5mph), Sonicwake 36 V2 (83mph), Blackjack 42 (81mph), TFL Pursuit (79mph), UL-19 (75mph), Sonicwake 36 (73mph), Motley Crew (47.5mph), AquaCraft Rescue 17

I tried out a CNC 42mm x1.6 de-tongued prop on 4s.

Not as quick out of the hole at the x442 and maybe slighty less top end speed. More volts and it would prolly be a screamer. Temps stayed under 100deg F. Good cruising around prop on 4s.

This was also my first run on the OSE HD flex shaft. I cut the run short due to hearing an odd noise. I don’t want anymore costly issues like the last time. I didn’t find anything loose or slipping, so I don’t know what it was. The second run was issue free.

This is a video of my UL 19 running 6S with that prop with zero heat issues. MADRCER is where I got a lot of my tips on getting this boat all set up, BTW.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWr5Hq6Genw

Quote Originally Posted by Hawcer View Post
    I tried out a CNC 42mm x1.6 de-tongued prop on 4s.

Not as quick out of the hole at the x442 and maybe slighty less top end speed. More volts and it would prolly be a screamer. Temps stayed under 100deg F. Good cruising around prop on 4s.

This was also my first run on the OSE HD flex shaft. I cut the run short due to hearing an odd noise. I don’t want anymore costly issues like the last time. I didn’t find anything loose or slipping, so I don’t know what it was. The second run was issue free.