Thread: X442 prop test on the UL19

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default X442 prop test on the UL19

Ok. I took the boat out to compare the voltage drops at wot and running temps between a sharpened and balanced stock prop and a OSE sharpened and balanced Octura x442.

Close to the same diameter on both props, but the x442 is only 1.4 pitch compared to the stock 1.7.

Also a side note. I did not know the x442 is about 1/4” shorter. I had to look through my stash of odds and ends and luckily found a spacer to put between the rear of the prop and the nut.

Everything was set to go..........but I messed up and didn’t bother to look at the transmitter before taping up and putting the boat in the water. As soon as I hit the throttle the low volts alarm on the transmitter started honking. I must have pulled a lead loose.

I told the wife not to video, since I already messed up. It honked the whole time until the esc hit lvc. I did get a constant 120ish temp on the motor the whole run with the stock prop.

I switched out the batteries and the prop to the x442. Fixed the connection problem on the voltage sensor and did a second run.

I ignored the voltage readings since I’ll have to retest anyway. Temps ranged 106 up to 115deg toward the end of the run.

She took this vid halfway through the run. I had the low volts alarm set to 14v. So it started honking at me under full throttle at the halfway point. You can hear it in the vid.

I couldn’t tell if it was slower, faster, or the same as far as speeds go. It did seem a little higher pitched, like it was running a higher rpm.

Btw, I am only running 4s. Just for fun...no clubs or competition races.
    I’ll make the leap up to 5 or 6s some day.

Here is a clip from last week to compare.
    Stock prop on 4s

https://youtu.be/kfQ5MERn0ms

OSE stickers look good on the UL-19 :)
    Attached Images Attached Images