Thread: Flysky It4s with telemetry now in my UL-19

Default Flysky It4s with telemetry now in my UL-19

I installed a new radio with telemetry. I couldn’t pass it up for $85new on eBay. That’s after a 15% discount through eBay. Normally about $100-125.

I really wanted to be able to see the running temps and voltage under load. Now I can. I have not had a chance to try it yet.

I zip tied the temp sensor to the motor and the voltage sensor leads could with be plugged directly in a balance connector on a battery to read cell voltage or tied into the total voltage. I installed them like an IV needle into the Y connector. They are sharp enough to pierce the wires insulation. I zip tied them in place and will seal the area with high temp black silicone/rtv.

I really wish it had a brushless rpm sensor, the optical and magnetic sensors are pretty much worthless on a boat. Maybe that will be something available in the future.

I might try to splice a cheap bl rpm sensor into the optical or magnetic module in place of the optical or magnet sensor. It’s three wires. Volts,ground, sensor rpm signal. I imagine it’s just a square wave pulse (on/off). I might get a reading on the transmitter, but I’m sure it won’t be accurate without having the abilities to modify the settings in the transmitter programming. Could still be a fun expiriment.

Cool. I love data.
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

Cool
    Nortavlag Bulc

I forgot to mention. It does,come with a communication bus module. But it really isn’t needed. You can daisy chain as many sensors you want in a line and plug it into the receiver.

I’ll probably get a second temp sensor for the esc. I would for the batts, but I’m to lazy to mess with a temp sensor every time I have the batteries In and out.
    Last edited by Hawcer; 10-07-2018 at 11:36 PM.

Considering doing this on a few of my race boats
    .NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s