If this doesn't belong here, sorry and feel free to move it to the right spot. I'm a relatively new member to your forum.

Hello everyone, I'm just wondering if anyone has had problems with the motor shaft and driveshaft. After my second run, I took off the driveshaft to regrease reassembled all of it, spun the driveshaft it got to a certain point and I felt a lot of resistance once I spun it past the point of resistance the whole driveline did a half spin by itself. I also noticed the motor mount was moving back and forth while spinning the driveline like there was a wobble somewhere. I disassembled the driveshaft and took out the motor to check for any bent parts, neither looked bent to me but it's kind of hard to tell. I did notice that the motor was hitting the hull and gouging it. I called horizon and told them my problem, and said I'm not sure if it's the motor shaft or drive shaft that's bent. Horizon said it's more then likely the driveshaft and the prop is probably not balanced and causing some of the issues and sent me out a new driveshaft and prop set.

I replaced everything horizon sent and the issue was better but still there slightly I played around with the whole driveshaft/coupler/motor shaft setup, moving things back and forth until the issue was gone.

I took the boat out yesterday, ran a pack through no problem. Bought the boat in and checked everything, all looked good and seemed to be spinning even better. Let everything cool down well I had a smoke and played with the SJCAM4000, dropped the second battery in this was my first time running with a second battery as I realized to tune a boat to run good you need more then a single battery but dumb me forgot a wrench to adjust the turn fins! Put the boat back in the water a couple of minutes in boat stops, I can hear and see it's getting power but not moving so I'm thinking the driveshaft again. I grab my rod with tennis ball set up but the current brought the boat right to the dock, awesome! I remove the hatch and the motor shaft is sheared right off right behind the e clip.

When I got home and took out the motor I noticed the motor at some point again was hitting the hull and the gouges are even bigger and deeper.
At this point I don't know what to do, I replace the motor at my cost or Horizon warranties it that's great, but what about the hull. I'm afraid the damage is to much, if the motor hits that hull again the chance of a hole happening is great now and you can't just buy a hull.

I had a lot of fun with this boat for my 2 problem free runs, but I feel for $250 I shouldn't run into these issues so quickly. I've never hit anything with the boat, and all I did was the maintenance that was in the manual, so I don't see how I could've created these issues.
I did have fun with the boat when it was running good to the point that I wanted a bigger boat and the Sonicwake was fitting my bill perfectly, but at this point I don't know I may just stick to ground vehicles.

I know it's a long post but I thought I should get all the info in there.