Thread: Boat Build/Conversion - Prather Deep Vee Brushless Conversion

Default Boat Build/Conversion - Prather Deep Vee Brushless Conversion

Hey everyone, I built this Prather Deep Vee 40" when I was 12 in 1992. It has/had an OS Max 46 which still runs fine, but I got the bug/time to finally dust this old girl off and do a brushless conversion. The boat hull is fiberglass, very solid. I feel this hull and hardware are too nice to not finally do something with it.

IMG_4852.jpg

IMG_4854.jpg

IMG_4849.jpg

IMG_4848.jpg

I am days new to this world, but have done some research and have preliminarily come up with the following:

- TP 4070, 1650kv
    - Swordfish X+ 200A ESC with Data Logging
    - 6S 5000mah 65C battery

I am not looking to go crazy with this setup, but would like to see min 50mph. 60+ would be great.

Guys please let me know your thoughts? If the Motor and ESC are good, any particular suggestions on battery or batteries (in parallel?)

Thank You!

BTW I am also planning to convert to surface drive.

Check out, brushless & LiPo, I'm a newbee too. I'm doing an old MRP Pantera (25.5 inches). I'm an old nitro guy like you. Srislash has given me a few good ideas on surface drive and props.I know it gets frustrating waiting for someone to read your post, but if you look around you'll find information somewhere. I have an old 1/8 scale 11cc hydro I want to convert when I'm done with this project. This is more challenging than than RTR and a lot more fun. Modifying & engineering something making it better than it was. Good Luck and don't quit.