Thread: Van's Racing Hornet 7.5/11cc OPC Tunnel FE Conversion

Default Van's Racing Hornet 7.5/11cc OPC Tunnel FE Conversion

It's been awhile since I've done anything RC Boating related, so I decided awhile back to finish up this Van's Racing Hornet 7.5/11cc OPC Tunnel FE Conversion I've had on the shelf for YEARS... Been working on this for a few months, and about have it wrapped up.

Just waiting for some more large water tubing (OffshoreElectrics) and an extra water pickup (StumpFab Engineering) to arrive. Decided to go ahead and do dual pickups in the cav plate and run the motor and ESC cooling separately.

Batteries are 3000mAh 6S packs running parallel for 6000mAh total. They fit better than a single big 6 and will provide better power. Just have to pay attention hooking everything up to avoid the contacts arcing against each other.

Power is a TP4050-4Y, 40mmx82mm, 1570KV.

Having Brian Buaas prep 3 props of his choosing to try on it. He's the master, after all, and I'm out of prop-prepping materials and don't have the blanks anyhow, so might as well go with the best!
    Once I have those, it's test time!

I'll save you the "boring" detailed build pictures, but I included one showing what the raw hull looked like prior to me starting, compared to my P-LTD/P sized Lynx.

Hornet.JPGHornet_005.jpgHornet_006.jpgHornet_004.jpgHornet_003.jpg
    Darin E. Jordan - Renton, WA
    "Self-proclaimed skill-less leader in the hobby."

Darin E. Jordan - Renton, WA
    "Self-proclaimed skill-less leader in the hobby."

2008 NAMBA P-Mono & P-Offshore Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder; '15 P-Cat, P-Ltd Cat 2-Lap
    2009/2010 NAMBA P-Sport Hydro Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder, '13 SCSTA P-Ltd Cat High Points
    '11 NAMBA [P-Ltd] : Mono, Offshore, OPC, Sport Hydro; '06 LSO, '12,'13,'14 P Ltd Cat /Mono

Wish I could dump the water from the motor jackets like that on all of my boats. Like straight headers on a car.
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

Very cool build.