Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Blazer Marine Sport 20 Electric Build

I used a piece of marble counter top and my 2 Hudy setup boards to make sure I was always building on flat surfaces. I started out using right angle clamps to make sure everything was aligned properly.

20180904_235220.jpg

20180906_215750.jpg

I drew a centerline down my 1/8th setup board, marked the centerline on all the frames, and taped it down to my setup board to make sure everything is straight.

20180907_161047.jpg

thumbnail_20180916_115300.jpg

Trying to get the curved pieces to hold and gluing on the bottom sheet:
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by InspGadgt View Post
    I saw that previously and thought about doing that too. But now that the UL-1 has been discontinued it is going to get harder to get replacement parts for it. I assume you cut off the center nose parts and reshaped the form so it was uniform across the front. I was concerned that might move the motor too far back.

My current thinking is that I am going to build my own cowl. The stock one isn't fitting properly and I don't want to do too many modifications from original until I get more experienced at this.
    Yeah, you are probably right. They might become scarce. ...but maybe that means the price will go down! :) They usually want $35 for that nose piece. Anyways, regarding the mod, I wouldn't worry about the motor position too much. It's not too late!! ha ha. It's a proven set-up. Been running it this way for at least 3 years now. The boat has been in the top 2 in our club the last few years and then took a first and second during the nats in June in the first two heats! Then, driver error!

Well I'm getting ready for the IIC now so I'm going to have to set the boat aside and work on my cars for a bit.

6. Default

What electric class(s) does this boat run in? Where do I find the rules? I'm planning on using the Aquacraft 2030kv motor with 4 cells...maybe 5...what prop should I be running?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12