Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Noobie questions

I don’t believe there is a minimum, obviously too small is not optimal, the black pearl is the hot ticket if you build or if you need rtr there is the U19 from proboat. Personally I’d stay clear of the ul1 as a first boat. Of course there are others too just depends on you, your tastes, wants, I guess so long as you enjoy and have fun, that’s what is going to hook you.

You know mike and I have large and mini riggers too. If you want even more options.......

I think the U19 is the cheaper option as a first hydro as opposed to something like the Black Pearl / Insane / ML Boatworks / Whippies etc.

I don,t think there would be a minimum length as the smaller the hull the more likely its going to flip at race speed. I purposely built a 33.5 inch sport hydro as I wanted abit more size than say the 30 inch sport hydro. Race water can get very choppy so size is handy plus weight.

Hi guys, I am looking to build a sport hydro this winter. The reason for the question was, if I build one for the limited class is there an advantage to one that's 30-31 inches vs the 331/2? With the limited size motor would the shorter boat/ less weight have an advantage?? Or is the skill of the driver and set up more of a factor than anything else? So many question and possibilities!! the black pearl does seem to be the hot ticket and I have inquired about it!!
    Thank again
    brian

Trigger are you going to be at the race sunday?

A smaller lighter boat may be an advantage if the water was smooth, and no wind, and you were in the lead with no race water to run in.
    But how often will that happen?

Even my Pearl that I run in Limited has some lead added to it to keep it down in race water. (weight is your friend)

Larry
    Past NAMBA- P Mono -1 Mile Race Record holder
    Past NAMBA- P Sport -1 Mile Race Record holder
    Bump & Grind Racing Props -We Like Em Smooth & Wet

Thanks larry, that's the answer I was lookin for!! I doubt I'll ever be in front in clean water! at least for a few years!!
    Thanks
    brian

Quote Originally Posted by bikepilot View Post
    Trigger are you going to be at the race sunday?
    I am aiming to be there

Have you looked at the bargain deal O.S.E. has on a Whiplash 20 ? great hull and great for both classes of racing.

Yes rol243 I saw it, but for just a little more I think the pearl with the updates will be the better boat. nothing against the whiplash!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12